Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

the perfect body

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    The adventure runner girl would be me if I could get the flab off my waist and pick up my weights a little more often.

    Comment


    • #32
      Where were the Olympic weightlifters??!?!! They usually have impressive physiques.
      "My mom made two dishes: Take it or Leave it." -- Stephen Wright, comedian

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by muaythaimike View Post
        Where were the Olympic weightlifters??!?!! They usually have impressive physiques.
        There are two in photo #2. Or do you not consider women "real" Olympic weightlifters?
        "Sometimes, you need to make sure the angel on your shoulder has a wingman." -Me

        My primal log

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by Suse View Post
          I would give my eye teeth to look like the rhythmic gmynast. That little line that runs down here abdomen... where can I get that? Oh yeah, genetics....
          FIFY....or at least for me.
          MTA: because it is rare I dont have more to say

          "When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - my daughter Age 7

          Comment


          • #35
            hm. none really are like me in terms of height/weight (5'9" and when not pregnant I sit at around 125-130lbs)...maybe proportionately the taller gymnast because she has long legs and a short waist, like me.

            Comment


            • #36
              Were are the 50-100 meter sprinters? They are usually very balanced. The 800 meter
              dude is built somewhat like a ld marathoner. I think a gymnast and short sprinter
              would be a good combination build.

              And damn it...Grok was missing!

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by Keithallenlaw View Post
                Were are the 50-100 meter sprinters? They are usually very balanced. The 800 meter
                dude is built somewhat like a ld marathoner. I think a gymnast and short sprinter
                would be a good combination build.

                And damn it...Grok was missing!


                Agreed

                Comment


                • #38
                  I like the guy with the spear thingy in pic three (to lazy to look up the name of it). That is my ideal guy. As far as Rulon, he is on this season of biggest loser and has already lost over 100lbs. Not a good way to do it IMO.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    It's a little concerning that the general reaction to this post is I want to "look like that" - the reality is that your body type is mostly pre-detetermined by your genetics. It would have been nice to have more people to aspire to achieve the results that these people have achieved rather than the typically aesthetic goals that are the plague of the current fitness industry.

                    I'll get down off my pedestal now..
                    Sandbag Training For MMA & Combat Sports
                    Sandbag Training Guide on Kindle
                    The Complete Guide To Sandbag Training
                    Brute Force Sandbags
                    www.facebook.com/sandbagfitness
                    http://fitedia.com/ - Health and Fitness eBooks, video, audio and workshops

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      i think the marathoners look ill and that wrestler could lose a lot of fat and replace it with muscle and would perform better from that so i dont think he has the perfect body for the job, and the woman also.
                      Hey why not visit my blog at http://www.weightlossdonkey.com

                      'Read How I Lost 14 Pounds In 14 Days!'

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by Coach Palfrey View Post
                        It's a little concerning that the general reaction to this post is I want to "look like that" - the reality is that your body type is mostly pre-detetermined by your genetics. It would have been nice to have more people to aspire to achieve the results that these people have achieved rather than the typically aesthetic goals that are the plague of the current fitness industry.
                        True, but one's body conditioning/composition is something that is extremely hard to picture. We're basically wired to think only some people can only achieve their body's potential. The rest of us are stuck as spectators. Hard habit to break, so we still have that "I wish I could..." mentality.

                        I'm not sure I agree that it's largely genetics. I think you can get quite a gamut, depending on how you want to train and what you train for. For instance, I was struck this morning that I actually am starting to look like the decathlete I was saying yesterday I'd personally aspire to. I'm just a bit more lean and "gymnast"y naturally. So perhaps there's a part of us that realizes we look like or could potentially look like X when we say here and elsewhere "I like how X looks. It'd be cool to achieve that body composition!" In other words, we aspire to what we feel we're already closest to.

                        Dunno, though. Just speculating.
                        August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

                        I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by daveyace View Post
                          i think the marathoners look ill and that wrestler could lose a lot of fat and replace it with muscle and would perform better from that so i dont think he has the perfect body for the job, and the woman also.
                          I too thought the endurance runners just look...weak. Don't get me wrong: the ability to run pretty fast for a couple hours straight is impressive, and obviously requires significant mental and physical discipline. But aesthetically the LD runners just don't measure up IMO. Then again, I suppose most of them are genetically inclined to look that way.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by The Big L View Post
                            I too thought the endurance runners just look...weak. Don't get me wrong: the ability to run pretty fast for a couple hours straight is impressive, and obviously requires significant mental and physical discipline. But aesthetically the LD runners just don't measure up IMO. Then again, I suppose most of them are genetically inclined to look that way.


                            I think it's actually just the body specializing for that type of activity. Some people will never be at the top level of distance running, but all people who put in that level of dedication to it would see their body trend towards that build.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              For an elite marathoner, having a very lean, small frame can be a significant advantage. You see very few elites who count in the "Clydesdale" or "Athena" category of runners (men over 200lbs, women over 140/150 lbs) because moving a lot of mass over that distance takes a lot of effort, even for a very well-muscled individual. My partner is a Clyde (6'3" and 235 lbs), and despite being in good condition, it's just plain harder for a big person.

                              Same goes for gymnasts--the women tend to be tiny because the taller one is, the higher one's centre of gravity, making it harder for a tall body to perform some of the movements. High jumpers, on the other hand, tend to be tall because there's an advantage in starting higher up.

                              Sometimes people can excel in a sport despite having a body that isn't perfectly adapted for it, but at the Olympic level, you're going to see that differentiation more clearly because every little advantage counts at that point. We may not find them all the most attractive or the most all-around "fit" as we see it, but they're at the top because their bodies can perform that specific activity the best.
                              “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

                              Owly's Journal

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Well...to be clear if I was going to pick what I WANTED to look like I wouldnt have picked who I said I THOUGHT my potential could be.

                                Yes on the marathoners....someone said something about being glad they never wanted to run a marathon. Trust me, running marathons will not turn you into that body type.

                                I have seen people argue that marathon running "eats your muscles" and that is why they are so skinny....not really, some of it is how they train and some of it is diet and some of it is genetics. They go to great lengths to AVOID adding upper body weight.
                                MTA: because it is rare I dont have more to say

                                "When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - my daughter Age 7

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X