Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fun New Bodyweight Training Video

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Fun New Bodyweight Training Video

    Hey Grokstars - I put up a new video on my blog today featuring some highlights from a fun bodyweight training workout I had last week with my friends from Global Body Weight Training (which is a great website for fans of bodyweight training!). Click the link below to check it out!


    Bodyweight Training in New York
    "In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they couldn't be more different."

    "You can have anything you want, but you can't have everything you want."

    My blog: http://www.AlKavadlo.com

    sigpic

  • #2
    that looks like tons of fun. particularly that move he does at 3:05, spinning around the bar.
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60178.html

    Comment


    • #3
      Awesome video. I am hoping to one day be like you guys and be the one out there doing all of that stuff and having people stop and watch me. Not that I want the attention, I just want to be able to do stuff like that. I am working on it.
      People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

      Comment


      • #4
        Awesome video!! So inspiring for someone like me who is just starting out with very basic bodyweight stuff I have just moved up to level 2 on the PBF bodyweight exercises so am a long long long way from imagining doing anything like that but I am dreaming of being that fit and strong one day!
        Bee
        Newly primal mama. Taking my family along on the walk to a healthy, strong and happy primal life.
        Losing fat, building strength, having fun.
        My journal is here (please ignore my excessive use of exclamation points and smilies, I just can't help myself! )

        Comment


        • #5
          good stuff Al
          Sandbag Training For MMA & Combat Sports
          Sandbag Training Guide on Kindle
          The Complete Guide To Sandbag Training
          Brute Force Sandbags
          www.facebook.com/sandbagfitness
          http://fitedia.com/ - Health and Fitness eBooks, video, audio and workshops

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by primalrob View Post
            that looks like tons of fun. particularly that move he does at 3:05, spinning around the bar.
            Yeah that is a cool move!

            Originally posted by IcarianVX View Post
            Awesome video. I am hoping to one day be like you guys and be the one out there doing all of that stuff and having people stop and watch me. Not that I want the attention, I just want to be able to do stuff like that. I am working on it.
            Thanks! Just take it one day at a time.

            Originally posted by mummybeelee View Post
            Awesome video!! So inspiring for someone like me who is just starting out with very basic bodyweight stuff I have just moved up to level 2 on the PBF bodyweight exercises so am a long long long way from imagining doing anything like that but I am dreaming of being that fit and strong one day!
            Sounds like you're well on your way! If you're new to my blog, be sure to check out my other posts - I've got tons of info on bodyweight training.

            Originally posted by Coach Palfrey View Post
            good stuff Al
            Thanks, Coach!
            "In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they couldn't be more different."

            "You can have anything you want, but you can't have everything you want."

            My blog: http://www.AlKavadlo.com

            sigpic

            Comment


            • #7
              The vid was awesome
              http://thorfalk.wordpress.com

              Comment


              • #8
                hawk will enjoy, but tonight he's going to bed early.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Thor Falk View Post
                  The vid was awesome
                  Thanks!

                  Originally posted by zoebird View Post
                  hawk will enjoy, but tonight he's going to bed early.
                  Ha - this is right up his alley! Definitely not good viewing right before bedtime, though.
                  "In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they couldn't be more different."

                  "You can have anything you want, but you can't have everything you want."

                  My blog: http://www.AlKavadlo.com

                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    You have changed my views on body weight training - I dropped my normal Wednesday training to do body weight stuff with my sons at the playground - I forgot how much fun the act of moving can on its own and it brings the family closer together like my love of iron never has.
                    Thank you for the inspiration and the wonderful web site - really love all the how to vids on the trickier movements.
                    "First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do" - Epictetus

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Al_Kavadlo View Post

                      Sounds like you're well on your way! If you're new to my blog, be sure to check out my other posts - I've got tons of info on bodyweight training.
                      I have been reading your blog for a while and LOVE it! So inspirational and your attitude makes me grin. When I am feeling lazy I hear you saying "We're working out!" and it helps me get moving


                      Originally posted by Rud3d0g View Post
                      I forgot how much fun the act of moving can on its own and it brings the family closer together like my love of iron never has.
                      +1000

                      I have never been keen on organised/competitive sport. Just not my bag and it turned me away from exercise a lot. The bodyweight stuff reminds me of the simple pleasure of moving, trying new stuff, getting stronger. Fab stuff for an (ex) couch potato like me!
                      Bee
                      Newly primal mama. Taking my family along on the walk to a healthy, strong and happy primal life.
                      Losing fat, building strength, having fun.
                      My journal is here (please ignore my excessive use of exclamation points and smilies, I just can't help myself! )

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I also LOVE Al and his blog and videos and have been doing all of my workouts at the playground with my kids. Great fun!

                        Thanks for another great video Al, you rock.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Rud3d0g View Post
                          You have changed my views on body weight training - I dropped my normal Wednesday training to do body weight stuff with my sons at the playground - I forgot how much fun the act of moving can on its own and it brings the family closer together like my love of iron never has.
                          Thank you for the inspiration and the wonderful web site - really love all the how to vids on the trickier movements.
                          Thanks! I'm stoked that I inspired you to do more bodyweight exercise! Also happy to hear that your boys have a fit dad who works out with them.


                          Originally posted by mummybeelee View Post
                          I have been reading your blog for a while and LOVE it! So inspirational and your attitude makes me grin. When I am feeling lazy I hear you saying "We're working out!" and it helps me get moving
                          Right on! We're Working Out!!!

                          Originally posted by moo View Post
                          I also LOVE Al and his blog and videos and have been doing all of my workouts at the playground with my kids. Great fun!

                          Thanks for another great video Al, you rock.
                          You're welcome - and thanks to you for your support! Keep spreading the word about bodyweight training!



                          It really means a lot to me to read comments like these!
                          "In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they couldn't be more different."

                          "You can have anything you want, but you can't have everything you want."

                          My blog: http://www.AlKavadlo.com

                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Damn it, now I want it to get warm out even sooner. That looks like WAY too much fun!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Conner P. View Post
                              Damn it, now I want it to get warm out even sooner. That looks like WAY too much fun!
                              I'm ready for spring, too! It was quite cold on the day that we shot that clip - this type of training is fun - but it's definitely more fun in warm weather!
                              "In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they couldn't be more different."

                              "You can have anything you want, but you can't have everything you want."

                              My blog: http://www.AlKavadlo.com

                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X