X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mark Rippetoe Quotes

Wisdom from the yoda of heavy lifting:

TESTOSTERONE NATION | Mark Rippetoe Quotes - Page 1

EDIT: Some whiny commenters in the thread though. Thats why I stopped reading reading t-nation; the t had gone out of it.
    A steak a day keeps the doctor away

"There are few things graven in stone, except that you have to squat or you're a pu**y. "

HA HA - fraggin thanks for putting up the link
    "First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do" - Epictetus

Comment

I understand the man knows his stuff but I have seen him squat and I wasn't very impressed with his form or weight for that matter. Thanks for the link though.
      "Live Free or Die"

Comment

Originally posted by Bostonbully View Post
        I understand the man knows his stuff but I have seen him squat and I wasn't very impressed with his form or weight for that matter. Thanks for the link though.
        "Mediocre athletes that tried like hell to get good are the best coaches"
        Sandbag Training For MMA & Combat Sports
        Sandbag Training Guide on Kindle
        The Complete Guide To Sandbag Training
        Brute Force Sandbags
        www.facebook.com/sandbagfitness
        http://fitedia.com/ - Health and Fitness eBooks, video, audio and workshops

Comment

I like this one "Trust me, if you do an honest 20 rep program, at some point Jesus will talk to you. On the last day of the program, he asked if he could work in"

I swear after around 15 reps of squats I see the Flying Spaghetti Monster laughing and pointing at me, for the remaining 5 reps!

Comment

Ah, this here, right here is the shit: "You can't make people smarter. You can expose them to information, but your responsibility stops there." - Mark Rippetoe
            Sometimes you need to be told the truth in order to be able to see it.

My journal

I see grain people...

Exist in shadow, drifting away.

Comment

Originally posted by claude512 View Post
              I like this one "Trust me, if you do an honest 20 rep program, at some point Jesus will talk to you. On the last day of the program, he asked if he could work in"

I swear after around 15 reps of squats I see the Flying Spaghetti Monster laughing and pointing at me, for the remaining 5 reps!
              Rip means more than just twenty squats, he is talking about the 20 rep breathing program: T NATION | The Six Toughest Workouts

Good luck with it. I am working upto it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushrat View Post
                Rip means more than just twenty squats, he is talking about the 20 rep breathing program: T NATION | The Six Toughest Workouts

Good luck with it. I am working upto it.
                Those sound fucking brutal.

Comment

I kniw that, it's just that i am not ready yet for these :-) 20 squats is brutal already

Comment

On the ethics of meat eating:

Okay, have you ever been around chickens? They are stupid, uncooperative, inconvenient, ill-tempered creatures. They get what they deserve. **** chickens.

Comment

Pure gold!

Opinions are like phasers -- everybody ought to have one. Hehe.
                      The Primal Holla! Eating fat. Getting lean. Being awesome.

You were sick, but now you're well, and there's work to do. - Kilgore Trout

Comment

Originally posted by stewie97 View Post
                        On the ethics of meat eating:

Okay, have you ever been around chickens? They are stupid, uncooperative, inconvenient, ill-tempered creatures. They get what they deserve. **** chickens.
                        LMAO too funny
                        "My mom made two dishes: Take it or Leave it." -- Stephen Wright, comedian

Comment

Even more Rippetoe quotes: Wit and Wisdom of Mark Rippetoe - Starting Strength Wiki

Comment

Working...
                          X