Basketball Shoes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Basketball Shoes

To all the fellow grokkers who love to hoop it up. What type of kicks are you sporting nowadays? All the basketball shoes I have are really bulky and heavily padded. They are much different from my Nike Free's which mimic barefoot running. I know the Free's wouldn't work too well on the basketball court because there just isn't enough ankle support for those hard cuts and awkward landings on other peoples feet. I want something that isn't too bulky but also will be sufficient for playing full court basketball without easily getting injuries. I know some of the old schoolers swear by Chuck Tailors but I never feel comfortable in those and I have tried to play in them in the past. Any other recommendations?
    "If man made it, don't eat it" - Jack Lallane

People say I am on a "crazy" diet. What is so crazy about eating veggies, fruits, seafood and organ meats? Just because I don't eat whole wheat and processed food doesn't make my diet "crazy". Maybe everyone else with a SAD are the "crazy" ones for putting that junk in their system.

i just wear normal b-ball shoes from reebok. I've tried minimalist for sports, it doesn't work for me.
    I didn't like the rules you gave me, so I made some of my own.

Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general. - Mark Rippetoe

Comment

I've worn my VFFs without much difficulty, other than the occasional tear in a seam (which can be sewn up stronger than the factory does it).
      Are you a college student, trying to navigate college while being Primal? Do you know any other PB college students on a tight budget? Heck, for that matter, are YOU trying to live Primal on a budget? Enroll at Primal University!

For after all what is man in nature? A nothing in relation to infinity, all in relation to nothing, a central point between nothing and all and infinitely far from understanding either.
      -- Blaise Pascal

Comment

I haven't seen a lot of great options out there. I cannot recall, but I swear there was just an article out discussing how basketball shoes are getting bulkier and bulkier and as a result are being looked at as a cause for some of the injuries today. Chuck Tailors are always going to be promoted by minimalists...and well...it's obvious why. I have a pair, but I've actually never used them for basketball...I used to squat and deadlift in them before I got my VFFs. As far as bb shoes...I have a pair of addidas. nothing overly crazy.

Comment

Working...
        X