Best Workout Videos For Women?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Workout Videos For Women?

What are the best/most primal workout videos for women? I am a typical girl that wants to lose lower body fat. Thanks!

An oldie but a goodie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yuFy_qjolU

Comment

Which part of your exercise are you looking to get from the videos... the "lift heavy things," the "move slowly," or the "sprint"?

I love love love bodyrock.tv - not really workout videos in that you don't follow along with them, but there are videos showing how to do each move so you know you're doing it right. I consider it both part of my lifting and my sprinting. =]

Edited to add: my brain blocked out the "for women" part of your question when I wrote this.. maybe you could expand on what that means to you, because I'm having trouble imagining a workout where that's relevant.
      Last edited by mayness; 02-16-2011, 06:14 PM.
      "mayness, you need to have a siggy line that says "Paleo Information Desk" or something!" -FMN <3

I'm blogging again, at least a little bit.

Comment

Excellent suggestion, dragonmamma! That shuffle is particularly effective. The warmup is the best I've seen yet.
        "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

Comment

I don't look for videos "for women" when it comes to exercise. Have you tried shovelglove or sandbag workouts?

Comment

Mayness, looking for the "lift heavy things" part. I like bodyweight exercises but can't just look at Mark's WOW and do it on my own. What I meant by 'for women' was something that focused more on losing lower body fat. Thanks for the suggestions!

Comment

You can't target areas to lose fat from, and fat loss comes mostly from diet, not exercise.
              You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

Originally posted by Jenn View Post
                What are the best/most primal workout videos for women? I am a typical girl that wants to lose lower body fat. Thanks!
                To echo the post above me, you can not target fat loss. To change your composition you need to get a very clean diet and lift heavy. Stronglifts 5x5 is my fav, starting strength or leangains.

Also women's fitness requirements do not differ from Men's. Results come from the same sources. Lifting heavy stuff and moving often.
                If your food is fast, maybe you should fast.

Comment

'Workout: one-one-one Training with Jackie"
                  I haven't done it in quite a while but remember it kicking my butt. It's 3 20 minute segments, one for arms, legs and abs. Pretty quick circuit training but gets your heart rate up too and you can use different weights based on your level.

Comment

While I am new to PB and I haven`t tried PBF ....I can`t speak from experience there. I love all the P90X workouts though......or any of the Beachbody workouts. W/out doing any research I`m not sure if they fit in the Primal Blueprint or not. I can say however that I feel great eating Primal and doing the workouts I mentioned. Diet is 80% of weight management.....
                    "Anxiety is a sign of spiritual insecurity"
                    www.beachbodycoach.com/fatbusters

Comment

I have started Tracie Long's Focus series. They are 30 min long. She also offers the Longevity series which are longer but all the dvds are chaptered so you can mix them up. She is big on functional fitness. (www.tracielongfitness.com).

I just did Focus 1 called Lift Higher--lower body strength and flexibility (bum and saddebag) the focus of it. Lots of lunges, used hand weights (I just used light ones as I am new at this), yoga mat, ankleweights (optional) 2 washcloths or rags. It moves fast but I ended up modifying where I needed to. I did the entire workout barefoot. I always liked her workouts from the Firm days. I would recommend these as there is room to grow as you can always modify up and down but they are also very balanced workouts (r/l and f/b balance). She is not the perky chatty type and she works hard. I thought Cathe tapes were a bit too advanced for me.
                      March Onward! Lucelu
                      My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread25231.html

Comment

Great, thanks. I want to try some boxing videos as well.

Comment

Anything by Jari Love or Squeeze by Tracy Effinger. I used these videos for a looong time but have moved on to other things.

Comment

Holly Rigsby of Fit Yummy Mummy has some great full body interval videos. Go to her youtube station to find a ton of free videos. She uses Kettlebells too. Though her videos do concentrate on bodyweight movements/excercises, girlfriend can certainly do pushups, pulls, and lift heavy weights as well

"The Way We Do Anything Is the Way We Do Everything"
                            ~ Kancho Cameron Shayne

Blog - The Primal Pantry
                            My Leangains/Primal Lifestyle Challenge to begin 2/7/11!
                            Check out the Blog for Daily Progress

Comment

I have been exercising with a kettlebell using the Kettleworx DVD set which I am really enjoying! My mother in law has been using it for some time and she is seeing good results

Comment

Working...
                              X