Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats your favorite zero-equipment home workout?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats your favorite zero-equipment home workout?

For the days when you simply can't make it to the gym.
    -Connoisseur Guy

I like the bodyrock.tv workouts. Some of them use equipment (sandbag, dip station, or pull-up bar), but there are some that are bodyweight-only, and others where I substitute a different move if I don't have the equipment. =]
    "mayness, you need to have a siggy line that says "Paleo Information Desk" or something!" -FMN <3

I'm blogging again, at least a little bit.

Comment

with a pull up bar or tree branch, i like the Primal Blueprint fitness...plus lifting and hurling big rocks and logs out in the yard
      http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60178.html

Comment

I like the PB Fitness as well. Most of the time thats what I do along w/ crows & handstands
        -Connoisseur Guy

Comment

All types of push ups, play with hand positions and leverage, elevate your feet for harder variations, go up and down the stairs, get creative.

Squats, one-leg squats (aka pistols)

All types of planks, dragon flags, etc.

There’s always ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS a place you can do pull ups from, not necessarily a branch or a door frame pull up bar, but stairs, rafters, doors (yes, the actual door itself)… but seriously invest in a $20 pull up bar, one of the best pieces of equipment out there.

During the cold months I’ve done 80% of my workouts in my bedroom.
          I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Comment

Originally posted by iniQuity View Post
            During the cold months I’ve done 80% of my workouts in my bedroom.
            Absolutely. Where I live, you're not doing too much outdoor exercise right now(up until a few days ago you could walk onto the roof of my garage via snow...). Having a pull-up bar is a lifesaver. Currently, I've been focusing on push ups though. Trying to even out the back and shoulders that rock climbing has given me.
            -Nilaiha
            my primal journal

Comment

Did someone say Zero Equipment Workout?
              "In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they couldn't be more different."

"You can have anything you want, but you can't have everything you want."

My blog: http://www.AlKavadlo.com

sigpic

Comment

Burpees, squats, lunges, planks and stair sprints (if you live in tall-ish building).
                Everything in moderation, including moderation.

Comment

Just did this yesterday:
                  http://www.marksdailyapple.com/wow-primal-poker/

Sub in any 4 exercises you'd like
                  --
                  http://runningwithdummies.tumblr.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Al_Kavadlo View Post
                    Did someone say Zero Equipment Workout?
                    Al,
                    Saw your video about a month ago lol. I started doing crows after I saw your video on them.
                    -Connoisseur Guy

Comment

Dice game:
                      Pick any 6 bodyweight exercises. Assign them numbers 1-6. The other die indicates how many you do (Have a d20? even better.) Do it until you have done each each exercise for every turn of the dice (i.e. seen the numbers 1-6 come up on the 2nd die for every exercise.)
                      Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                      My Latest Journal

Comment

Tacfit Commando
                        ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

Comment

Depending on what type of workout you're looking for.

1. Set the timer for 20 min... as many rounds of 5 pullups, 10 pushups, 15 squats as possible non stop.
                          2. Pistol squats, one arm pushups, pullups, handstand pushups
                          3. Hill sprints
                          4. 100 burpees for time
                          5. Yoga dvd

Comment

Originally posted by ConnoisseurGuy View Post
                            Al,
                            Saw your video about a month ago lol. I started doing crows after I saw your video on them.
                            Cool! Right on!
                            "In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they couldn't be more different."

"You can have anything you want, but you can't have everything you want."

My blog: http://www.AlKavadlo.com

sigpic

Comment

I have a pull up bar, Bowflex selecTech 552 dumbells, a 12 lb medicine ball and a jump rope. That stuff and a copy of "You are your own Gym" by Mark Lauren and you can literally never go back to a gym. I also use my v-force weighted vest to add resistance to my body weight exercises. The vest cost a small fortune, but a lot less than a gym membership! I got the dumbells using my credit card "thank you points" so they were basically free.

Comment

Working...
                              X