X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VFF - Komodo Sport

Anyone have them?
    http://www.vibramfivefingers.com/pro...Sport-Mens.htm
    If so, what's your opinion? I currently lift and sprint in my sprints, but am thinking of getting an additional pair. Steep price at an even $100...but that's generally the budget I have for "sneakers" to train in.

I will stick with my Sprints for lifting and Crossfit: $80, and less material on the top (cool tan lines and vitamin D!) and sole.
    ad astra per aspera

Comment

I have them! they're my first VFFs though and I'm still getting used to them. I have to say, they were the most comfortable of the ones i tried, i tried java, KSO.
      28 yrs, 5'8.5"
      started primal 1/23/11 @ 143 lbs, couldn't do a knee pushup
      3/13/11 138 lbs, 30 knee pushups, yeah!

Comment

The Komodo's look like they have the same sole and structure as the bikila and sprint which I have tried on when I was shopping for my KSO's.

They definitely feel more structured and supportive around the heel cup and a thicker sole. Whether that's what you want/need is obviously up to you

I personally chose the KSO as it was lighter, thinner sole and just felt more like being barefoot or wearing socks than the others did. Although the speed's looked cooler and are a little less obvious I guess as they look more like regular sneakers. Kinda VFF by stealth
        But as they were $50 more expensive and didn't feel the same I gave them a miss at that time, but might splash on a pair for my backup VFF's at somepoint.
        If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Originally posted by tfarny
        If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Comment

i was thinking for the winter months, they might be a good choice. it's cold/wet here, and i think my classics would not be great for the amount of rain.

and, i should say, ti's "cool/wet" with emphasis on wet. it gets down to about 45 degrees F on the coldest days, and we might get frost overnight, and up on the ridge, there might be some snow flurries now and again. but that's it.

Comment

I just tried on Komodos vs. KSO vs. Bikila vs. Sprint vs. Jaya and Komodos were the most comfortable for me. REI only had the bright ble for women, so I'm going to check out other retailers for a less showy color.

Comment

DH just ordered the komodos (yellow) for his running.

his sprints are great, but not when the sidewalks are wet. in winter here, that's about 85% of the time! so, he went with the komodos to provide more traction on those days that he runs.

we ordered scuba boots for rainy days.

Comment

My partner has been wearing his for a couple of weeks to Crossfit and for a bit of running--it's his first pair of VFFs. So far, he's really liking them.
                “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

Originally posted by Nick "the Caveman" M. View Post
                  Anyone have them?
                  Vibram FiveFingers - KOMODOSPORT
                  If so, what's your opinion? I currently lift and sprint in my sprints, but am thinking of getting an additional pair. Steep price at an even $100...but that's generally the budget I have for "sneakers" to train in.
                  Wish i could get em for 100 dollars. Here in the uk they are gonna be 135 pounds (200 dollars to you) thats when they arrive (6 months after you have had them). Wish you guys didnt get everything before us and at a much cheaper rate....and you all seem to have nice teeth haha

Comment

Originally posted by TheFastCat View Post
                    I will stick with my Sprints for lifting and Crossfit: $80, and less material on the top (cool tan lines and vitamin D!) and sole.
                    LOL, I totally have some sweet Sprint tanlines!
                    For lots of tasty recipes, check out my blog -http://lifeasadreger.wordpress.com/

Comment

I own a pair - very comfortable, great for changing directions. Despite all this, I still gravitate back to the KSO's for the most part.
                      "Suffer no guilt yee who wield this in the name of Crom"
                      Quote on the Father's Sword

Comment

I just got some! Tried on all of the other models and was surprised how different they each feel and fit. I highly recommend buying from a bricks and mortar retailer for this reason.

REI has a 20% off coupon for one full priced item this week.

Comment

Yeah I usually get mine at a City Sports, a local chain around here. With the VFFs I definitely feel the need to try each pair on. Still haven't checked out the komodo's...but might have to spoil myself.

Comment

I have owned a pair of KSO's for a year and love them. These are my everything "shoe." I just got a pair of sprints for about $52 due to an awesome sale. They are AWESOME for running. I am now up to 5K which is my goal for the Fifth Third River Bank Run. Can't wait till race day.
                            Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

Comment

I bought a pair of Komodo Sport this past weekend specifically for use with athletics, e.g. basketball on Saturdays. I haven't had the opportunity to use them yet, since I used an older pair of KSOs this past weekend. But they're going to be retired by this weekend to light duty (walking, etc.) because they're starting to wear through the sole.

KSO and Komodo Sport are both awesome and the Komodo Sport is definitely more suited for such athletic pursuits... Vibram website as you see specifically lists CrossFit.
                              Are you a college student, trying to navigate college while being Primal? Do you know any other PB college students on a tight budget? Heck, for that matter, are YOU trying to live Primal on a budget? Enroll at Primal University!

For after all what is man in nature? A nothing in relation to infinity, all in relation to nothing, a central point between nothing and all and infinitely far from understanding either.
                              -- Blaise Pascal

Comment

Working...
                              X