Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gloves

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Gloves

    I was thinking of picking up a pair of lifting gloves. Not that I do a ton of lifting, but I figured I could use a little protection on my hands with the things I do, and I'm getting the itch to go climbing around the woods this spring and don't want blisters and slivers.

    Anybody use gloves? Got a brand you can suggest?

  • #2
    Originally posted by Diana Renata View Post
    I was thinking of picking up a pair of lifting gloves. Not that I do a ton of lifting, but I figured I could use a little protection on my hands with the things I do, and I'm getting the itch to go climbing around the woods this spring and don't want blisters and slivers.

    Anybody use gloves? Got a brand you can suggest?
    Hey Diana - I don't use work out gloves. Click the link to read why.
    "In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they couldn't be more different."

    "You can have anything you want, but you can't have everything you want."

    My blog: http://www.AlKavadlo.com

    sigpic

    Comment


    • #3
      Thanks! I'm less apt to wear them when doing a workout and probably won't. I'm looking for something mostly when climbing around the woods or down town. I really don't want splinters or cuts, since I need my hands in good shape for my job. I already have a few small callouses and don't mind those so much. I'm just thinking I need some precaution for my hands, just like wearing vibrams on my feet.

      Comment


      • #4
        If they are for work instead of working out, there is a line call Mechanix are solid ones. They even have fingerless gloves if that is what you want.

        Many people who work with their hands for a living swear by them.

        Check them out at http://www.mechanix.com/search/all-gloves.

        Comment


        • #5
          http://www.marksdailyapple.com/training-naked/

          Comment


          • #6
            Diana- I think I used to wear some golf gloves when I first started working out (years and years ago, lol!) You might check into them--goat leather palm, ventilated back. ps Isn't it funny how folks never seem to really read the question, sometimes?
            Ancestral Nutrition Coaching
            Pregnancy Nutrition Coaching
            Primal Pregnancy Nutrition Article

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Phil-SC View Post
              If they are for work instead of working out, there is a line call Mechanix are solid ones. They even have fingerless gloves if that is what you want.

              Many people who work with their hands for a living swear by them.

              Check them out at http://www.mechanix.com/search/all-gloves.
              I use chalk for working out and the gloves mentioned above for working or playing with rough surfaces(tree climbing) and as crash gloves for cycling. The second pair at the site - "fast fit" are cheapest, they work and are easy to find at any auto parts store and even some gas stations. I liked the impact ones better when I was towing but they are pricey for just messing around.
              Last edited by Rud3d0g; 02-12-2011, 09:00 AM. Reason: sentence breaks
              "First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do" - Epictetus

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Dragonfly View Post
                Diana- I think I used to wear some golf gloves when I first started working out (years and years ago, lol!) You might check into them--goat leather palm, ventilated back. ps Isn't it funny how folks never seem to really read the question, sometimes?
                LOL Yes, exactly.

                Never thought of golf gloves. I bet they would be light enough. Just really needing a second skin. Goat leather sounds fantastic-lol.


                Originally posted by Rud3d0g View Post
                I use chalk for working out and the gloves mentioned above for working or playing with rough surfaces(tree climbing) and as crash gloves for cycling. The second pair at the site - "fast fit" are cheapest, they work and are easy to find at any auto parts store and even some gas stations. I liked the impact ones better when I was towing but they are pricey for just messing around.
                Thanks, those "fast fit" do look good. If I see them while I'm out and about I'll try them on and see how they fit. I don't think I want to spend much more than $15.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I'll add my endorsement for the Mechanix gloves as well, though they can sometimes be pricey depending on where you go to get them. On the other hand, they tend to last. You used to have to get them at the autoparts store, but they've expanded their line and now Target and I think Wal Mart even carries them as well.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X