bulletproof back

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bulletproof back

Anyone try the BulletProof Back system from Eric Wong? I have been dealing with "throwing out my back" for about 2 years now off and on and want to put a nail in the coffin of it. Getting my back stronger hasn't helped and I am gonna pursue the route of a PT this time to fix it hopefully for good but I found this in searching the internet and was curious if anyone had any experience with it.

i've never heard of it, but i just took at a look at the website that sells it. i have suffered with some back pain too, and i like the idea of not having to deal with it anymore. but (and this is just my opinion), i don't think i would ever buy the bulletproof back system. i see a chiropractor once a month, and he makes sure i'm aligned and doing well, which helps with any pain i experience. also, i found that i could strengthen my back pretty well just doing the exercises people talk about here: pull ups, deadlifts, squats, planks, etc.

personally, i harbor some mistrust toward people who sell a cure-all or fitness secrets online, but aren't willing to give any more information than their friends' testimony. his website is long with a personal story, a few photos, and an unbelievable sale on his product...but there isn't really any useful information on there. and there are so many websites like his. i get that people need to make money and these are sales techniques, but the information they are selling is free and from better sources, one of which is MDA.
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60178.html

Comment

Hmmm. I had a look and the lingo like 'advanced core training methods' sounds like garbage to me. What are your deadlift numbers? What are your squat numbers? Get these two up and I can 99% guarantee a life free from regular back pain.
      The Primal Journey of Mr and Mrs Fist
      Blog
      sigpic

Comment

I checked out some of the stuff when he was giving it out for free since I also occasionally tweak my back. I think the exercises he descibes (Glute bridge, bird dog, planks) do help to prevent a back tweak. I have found that avoiding sitting after you have tweaked also helps. I tweaked my back a coulpe weeks ago and am already pretty much fully recovered. It usually takes much longer. I attribute the faster recovery time to having a standing setup for my computer at home.

Personal anecdote: I popped something in my back in highschool trying to DL way more than I should have. I never got it checked out. Before my last tweak, I'd had no real problems to speak of for the past year and a half or so.

@Primal Fist: I agree that squats and deadlift will strengthen your back greatly, and I guess it goes without saying that proper form must be ensured at all times. I can DL ~380 and squat ~240, but I still don't feel like my back is "bulletproof". Although it may have just been me using bad form when unracking for squats ;-). All that being said, my back is much less prone to injury since I began consistent weight training.
        Last edited by yodiewan; 02-09-2011, 07:32 AM.

Comment

Is it your lower back? Lots of people fail to exercise the lower back properly, which is crucial for dead lifts and squats and for a strong "core". There are various exercises (good mornings, hyperextensions, reverse hypers, glute-ham developers) that will help develope these muscles.
          My weak attempt at a journal:http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread35809.html

M/30y/190#

Comment

@Primal Fist - My deadlift is currently 225 and my front squat is 155, i am 6'3 and weigh 170.
            @monty - lower back yes.
            @yodiewan i have a free pdf i got from him that is the damage control plan that has the birddog and side bridge etc in it and it seems to alleviate some of the immediate pain but i agree his site seems pretty crazy and that is why i posted it out here.

Comment

I have had great success taking some Alexander method classes (you could probably substitute with any posture course) a good Osteopath could help as well, i'm too chicken to see a chiropracter.

Comment

"Healing back pain: the mind-body connection" by Dr John E. Sarno $11.19 on Amazon Worked for me. I would recommend anyone with back pain give it a read.

Comment

I'm not there yet myself - my deadlift is 290 - but I have been led to believe that getting that up to around 400lb will give you a strong and regular-injury-proof back.
                  The Primal Journey of Mr and Mrs Fist
                  Blog
                  sigpic

Comment

Wrestler bridges will strengthen your spine. It has cured back pain for alot of people, or so they say. Just search wrestler back bridge progression and you will find a guide
                    my photo stream
                    The Enlightened Warrior

Comment

Also remember that lower back injuries can frequently be attributed to a lack of mobility in either the hips or the thoracic spine which causes the lower back to take up a load it wasn't meant for. See http://billhartman.net/blog/2010/02/...ility-is-myth/ and http://stronglifts.com/7-dynamic-str...-hip-mobility/

Comment

Working...
                      X