No announcement yet.

How to get the Primal TAN?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You don't need a tan in a cold climate. Get as much sun as you can, take vit D if you're deficient and don't worry. If your body needs protection from UV rays, it'll tan. If not, it won't.

Besides, getting a tan in a cold climate can INHIBIT vit D absorption. High-melanin skin is less efficient at making vit D3 from sunlight (I can't remember why, just that more melanin = greater chance of D3 deficiency in the North -- and I assume far South too). Think about it: if you live on the equator you need better protection from sunburn and skin cancer (more melanin) and you don't need to get as much sunlight to make vit D (as there's more sun). It's why a number of drs have suggested that some ethnicities should be recommended to take D3 pills once they're living a certain distance from the equator (especially expecting mothers and the elderly). If you want your D3 to come as naturally as possible in a cold climate: let your skin go as pale as it likes. Then supplement when you get low.
    Last edited by Kochin; 03-01-2013, 04:18 AM.
    --
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
    I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
    I'd apologize, but...

Comment

If you want that Primal tan then you need to move to the 'bu and do beach sprints and stand up paddleboard like Mark.
      Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

Working...
      X