No announcement yet.

I have a very bad knee for sprinting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hold on, I fail to understand how your knee is too bad for sprinting but yet you're squatting heavy weight and dead lifting as well?

Your 100lb weight loss goal is going to come mostly from ditching all bad foods and enjoying primal fare, animals and vegetation, all day everyday.

HIIT on an elliptical or stationary bike:
    -warm up
    -20 second try to pedal as fast as you can, don't give up.
    -10 pedal much slower, catch your breath
    -20 kill yourself again

do that 8 times and you're done for that day's work. You should be literally DONE if you're pushing hard enough. That's called a "Tabata" and it's pretty demanding, you're a big guy, so be careful, I don't know how strong your heart is. Maybe try just doing half a Tabata (4 rounds of 20 second all-out bursts with 10 seconds rest in between)

Also, since you can squat, can you do high jumps?

Squat down (bodyweight only, no bars here) and explode up in a jump and tuck your knees in as you jump so that they come to your chest, or your belly, as you come down squat again (using the downward momentum) and explode up again. Use your toes and balls of your feet to gracefully come down, don't make it a big thud of a movement especially since your knee is a concern. Try to see how many you can do in a row, I can do up to about 12 right now working up to 20. This leaves me VERY winded, sort of like a hill sprint does, added bonus is it works your quads out like crazy, same with your calves, abs, hams, it's just all around awesome.

Only you know how bad your knee is, but since you can squat I figure I'd offer the high jumps. If those are too challenging try burpees. Good luck.
    I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Comment

Thanks Iniquity

Ummmm. My knee? five surgeries and I need a knee replacement. I was supposed have it done in October but chickened out and decided to wait another year. I can squat, but I use a plate loaded hack squat with a pad going all the way down the back. What I can't do in run or even walk for very long. I can go as long as I want on an elliptical or bike. I dont think I could do those high jumps. Thanks for the info. and I am going to try the tabata next monday when I officially am starting.

Originally posted by iniQuity View Post
      Hold on, I fail to understand how your knee is too bad for sprinting but yet you're squatting heavy weight and dead lifting as well?

Your 100lb weight loss goal is going to come mostly from ditching all bad foods and enjoying primal fare, animals and vegetation, all day everyday.

HIIT on an elliptical or stationary bike:
      -warm up
      -20 second try to pedal as fast as you can, don't give up.
      -10 pedal much slower, catch your breath
      -20 kill yourself again

do that 8 times and you're done for that day's work. You should be literally DONE if you're pushing hard enough. That's called a "Tabata" and it's pretty demanding, you're a big guy, so be careful, I don't know how strong your heart is. Maybe try just doing half a Tabata (4 rounds of 20 second all-out bursts with 10 seconds rest in between)

Also, since you can squat, can you do high jumps?

Squat down (bodyweight only, no bars here) and explode up in a jump and tuck your knees in as you jump so that they come to your chest, or your belly, as you come down squat again (using the downward momentum) and explode up again. Use your toes and balls of your feet to gracefully come down, don't make it a big thud of a movement especially since your knee is a concern. Try to see how many you can do in a row, I can do up to about 12 right now working up to 20. This leaves me VERY winded, sort of like a hill sprint does, added bonus is it works your quads out like crazy, same with your calves, abs, hams, it's just all around awesome.

Only you know how bad your knee is, but since you can squat I figure I'd offer the high jumps. If those are too challenging try burpees. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
      X