This is a link to a free speech I have hosted on my blog, from a convention I spoke at this past summer.
In it I discuss...
* Why this area of your life is vitally important to understand and get a handle on
* Why succeeding in your exercise and nutritional goals compliments the rest of your life
* What “conventional exercise” is at this point in time
* My Pyramid of Proper Exercise
* Defining “proper” exercise (strength training)
* Full body or split training?
* My favorite books on exercise
Midway through the speech, I shift from exercise to nutrition and cover…
* 2 “little” problems (corn and soy)
* Why we can look to our ancestors for advice
* Which foods to avoid
* My 2 favorite books on nutrition
* My thoughts on the 3 macro nutrients
* “Silly stuff” in mainstream health and fitness
* Big bad cholesterol and it’s evil twin brother
I wasn't sure where to post this-or, if I'm even allowed to post this- but I decided to post it here since it's the exercise concepts that I disagree with from The Primal Blueprint and I figured it would make for the most interesting discussion.
For the record, I think TPB is currently the best book on the planet for nutrition-period. And with that said I give it a heavy pump in the speech, and on my site =). However, I did not actually receive my copy of the book until the day after this speech was given- literally. Thankfully I've been a reader for some time now and trusted my gut on recommending TPB.