Building a Home Gym

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Building a Home Gym

I built a weightlifting platform last night. I did it by myself and it took me about 2 hours and $200 to complete.

It's made using 5 sheets of low-medium quality 3/4" thick, 4' x 8' plywood, 1 piece of 3/4" thick, 4' x 8' stall mat, 1.75" wood screws, heavy-duty adhesive.

Now I can give a big FU to 24 Hour Fitness! I'm finishing up my squat rack this week (pics to follow).
    Attached Files
    I began this Primal journey on December 30th, 2009 and in that time I've lost over 125 LBS.

this is an old post so you might not see this but i was wondering how well the platform has held up? are you able to drop the weights without any damage? im considering building a platform for that exact reason just not sure if it would be worthwhile
    Primal Chaos
    37yo 6'5"
    6-19-2011 393lbs 60" waist
    current 338lbs 49" waist
    goal 240lbs 35" waist

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Gager View Post
      this is an old post so you might not see this but i was wondering how well the platform has held up? are you able to drop the weights without any damage? im considering building a platform for that exact reason just not sure if it would be worthwhile
      this

Comment

I am curious as well. On top of what exactly are you doing for your squat rack (since it sort of sounds like you are building one from scratch)?
        turquoisepassion - I MUST KNOW ALL THE THINGS

Comment

Working...
        X