Tear in Vibrams

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tear in Vibrams

So my Five Fingers have developed a rip in the upper material along the left side of the big toe on the right shoe. It's a "bounded" rip--it can't expand past the inch-and-a-half or so that's already torn, but I'd still like to repair it if I can. Has anyone had luck repairing similar tears in their Five Fingers? Seems kinda tricky to sew it myself. And I'm not sure how a cobbler would react if I stuck a smelly barefoot shoe in his lap...
    Check out my blog here.

How old are they?

Comment

I've had them a little over a year. They're in good shape otherwise, though admittedly the tear developed after I started a pretty intense Krav Maga class.
      Check out my blog here.

Comment

Shoo goo works pretty good but it takes a bit of skill to make it look nice.

Comment

Originally posted by chowza View Post
          So my Five Fingers have developed a rip in the upper material along the left side of the big toe on the right shoe. It's a "bounded" rip--it can't expand past the inch-and-a-half or so that's already torn, but I'd still like to repair it if I can. Has anyone had luck repairing similar tears in their Five Fingers? Seems kinda tricky to sew it myself. And I'm not sure how a cobbler would react if I stuck a smelly barefoot shoe in his lap...

Can you post a picture? I'm sure I would have ideas but I'm pretty visual for this sort of thing!

Comment

Originally posted by chowza View Post
            Wash well, soak in vinegar, rinse, then hand it over.

K

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

Comment

Haha, thanks, cillakat. Do you cover shipping?

I can post a pic later today, but I'm pretty sure I don't have the sewing skillz required, so maybe Shoe Goo is the way to go...
              Check out my blog here.

Comment

I would bring it to a tailor.

Comment

Working...
                X