I was doing deadlifts wrong...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was doing deadlifts wrong...

Not heavy enough weight to hurt myself... but I just started up again after about 6 weeks not working out... watched a few videos on deadlifting form...

I now understand why folks say this is such a tough exercise

when you do it right.. its HARD

Care to share links/videos?

Comment

Originally posted by yodiewan View Post
      Care to share links/videos?
      Just a few to start...

http://www.elitefts.com/documents/deadlift_setup.htm

Are you a college student, trying to navigate college while being Primal? Do you know any other PB college students on a tight budget? Heck, for that matter, are YOU trying to live Primal on a budget? Enroll at Primal University!

For after all what is man in nature? A nothing in relation to infinity, all in relation to nothing, a central point between nothing and all and infinitely far from understanding either.
      -- Blaise Pascal

Comment

What were you doing wrong?
        On a mission to help others master movement, build unbreakable strength, & eat MORE food (can't beat that.) Weekly fitness, health & nutrition articles at indulgentfitness.com.

Comment

Much more back, much less legs previously.... Best way I can describe it, is that I was bending more at the waist, instead of moving my hips forwards and back, and driving with my legs.

Comment

Hip drive, baby!
            On a mission to help others master movement, build unbreakable strength, & eat MORE food (can't beat that.) Weekly fitness, health & nutrition articles at indulgentfitness.com.

Comment

You got it. I found them beneficial before (I think??) but I can already tell it's going to pay huge dividends now!

Comment

Note the first guy says tuck the chin, Diesel says keep nuetral or look up a bit. Dan John says look forward, which I do. Helps keep the back flat.
                Other than that, a good tutorial.
                sigpicI'm not old, I'm Vintage!

Comment

Working...
                X