Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For any ladies looking for inspiration on that first chin up...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For any ladies looking for inspiration on that first chin up...

Check out my new client spotlight.
    "In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they couldn't be more different."

"You can have anything you want, but you can't have everything you want."

My blog: http://www.AlKavadlo.com

sigpic

awesome! go Katie!!

I was just getting consistent with the upper body workouts when I messed up my shoulder in a car accident. Back to square one in a few weeks...

Comment

Looks great, Al -- thanks for sharing here!
      "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Comment

Originally posted by elwyne View Post
        awesome! go Katie!!

I was just getting consistent with the upper body workouts when I messed up my shoulder in a car accident. Back to square one in a few weeks...
        Bummer about your shoulder.

Originally posted by Jenny View Post
        Looks great, Al -- thanks for sharing here!
        Thanks, Jenny!
        "In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they couldn't be more different."

sigpic

Comment

All Right! Hugs for Katie!
          sigpicI'm not old, I'm Vintage!

Comment

Very cool. I definitely need to figure out a home rig for Australuan pullups.

Comment

You could try using a coffee/dinning table, you lie underneath it and grab the edges across the table in the narrowest dimension (not on one side or there is a risk of pulling it over, this does make it a bit harder to find the appropriate table) and lift from there or get some rings to hang off a pull up bar!

Comment

Adrian, I found a cheap pull-up bar at Target for about 10 bucks that screws into the inner frame of the door... Since I already have the Iron Gym (love it!), I positioned it at about hip height instead, and just unscrew the bar out when I'm not using it. I enjoy pull-ups more than rows (australian pull-ups,) but evidently the rows work smaller back muscles (namely the rhomboids, a deep back muscle) rather than putting all the stress on the lats (wings of the back.) Both are important for symmetry!
                On a mission to help others master movement, build unbreakable strength, & eat MORE food (can't beat that.) Weekly fitness, health & nutrition articles at indulgentfitness.com.

Comment

Originally posted by 979roadrunner View Post
                  All Right! Hugs for Katie!
                  Yay! Everyone loves hugs!

Originally posted by Adrianag View Post
                  Originally posted by Neilfenstein View Post
                  You could try using a coffee/dinning table, you lie underneath it and grab the edges across the table in the narrowest dimension (not on one side or there is a risk of pulling it over, this does make it a bit harder to find the appropriate table) and lift from there or get some rings to hang off a pull up bar!
                  Originally posted by primal_jessjane View Post
                  Adrian, I found a cheap pull-up bar at Target for about 10 bucks that screws into the inner frame of the door... Since I already have the Iron Gym (love it!), I positioned it at about hip height instead, and just unscrew the bar out when I'm not using it. I enjoy pull-ups more than rows (australian pull-ups,) but evidently the rows work smaller back muscles (namely the rhomboids, a deep back muscle) rather than putting all the stress on the lats (wings of the back.) Both are important for symmetry!
                  Both good suggestions! (Btw, you're sounding very trainer-ly, Jess!)

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Adrianag View Post
                    On Son of Grok's blog, he had a picture of a homemade bar for doing these kinds of pullups. Looks like you could use pvc or the black (gas) pipe to make one at home.
                    My weak attempt at a journal:http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread35809.html

M/30y/190#

Comment

Thanks Monty. It's posted here: http://www.sonofgrok.com/2010/08/build-your-own-gear/
                      but be sure to grab the info soon, since he says his blog is going down on November 15. Read the comments on that entry for more detail and corrections.

Also, the comments led me to this link:
                      http://www.rosstraining.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=157
                      Lots of homebrew equipment there!
                      "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Comment

I know of a site with a LOT of ideas for homemade equipment, but when I try to post the link, it gets messed up.
                        The site is Grunt and Shen's workshop, and they have stuff for weights, strands, bodyweight, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Al_Kavadlo View Post
                          Yay! Everyone loves hugs!
                          Hugs are one of the few things you give and recieve at the same time

Comment

Working...
                          X