Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tattoos, piercings, body modification...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After getting tattoos for 20+ years now, I can say that it is only a human choice. No other animal scars themselves in order to mark place, time, and perceptions. Humans have been adorning themselves since the earliest times, be it body art, jewelry, or hairstyle. Personally, I was lucky enough to find my "tribe" (similar thinking group) while becoming a tattooed person. I don't know if it qualifies as Primal, but then again I never thought about it in those terms. Being human and having the choice of self-expression is what it is ... natural.

Comment

I back tattoos and piercings. I am not really too into the dying of hair, but I'm not against it or anything.

I was in the January 2009 issue of Tattoo Magazine from a photo shoot one year before the issue came out.

Comment

Good evening - I have 5 tattoos, all Polynesian tribals. I've always associated tattoos with the Polynesians when they were (and still are) used to Identify oneself to their family - deeds, and accomplishments. I imagine Grok's world would have been stratified like other tribal societies. I imagine there was a leader - shamans, warriors, artists, craftsmen and women - perhaps it was a warrior society? The best hunters doubled as the best warriors?

At any rate - within ancient warrior cultures the bravest warriors, leaders, hunters, gatherers, etc. were tattooed, scarred, marked to show signs of their toughness and bravery, ability to endure, suffer through anything to prove themselves - that's how I have always viewed and associated tattoos within society.

Comment

I have one tattoo I got it about 2 years ago

''

Had my ears, nose and nipples pierced even though I have worn anything in them for years.

But most differently primal

Comment

Working...
          X