No announcement yet.

Make a homemade Bulgarian Training Bag!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Make a homemade Bulgarian Training Bag!

I am soo gonna do this, I wonder if a bike tube and less sand would work good for a woman? this looks fun to me! xoxo Darlene

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=il8rU0H-9ps

watch it all and the workouts he does with it!

going to Home Depot and tire store and making one today

Comment

That's cool...could picture Grok with some large snake or other animal he just took down and carrying it on his back...very primal!

Comment

I made one this weekend as well as a slosh pipe

very easy! and works great xoxo Darlene

Comment

Geeze, just watching this guy work out is making my knees hurt! XD

It looks like a great tool, though. Someday, when I actually have some muscle mass to my name, I'll have to try it.

Comment

Thanks for that link! I'm going to make one of these tonight...will report back with results. I use a sandbag fairly often and I could see this taking its place.

Comment

yes get primal it is very easy! I kept my scales out there while making it to weigh it. let me know how it comes out xoxo Darlene

Comment

Made mine yesterday. Very easy! I can't imagine ever being able to destroy this thing either, unlike the expensive sandbag I bought. Might make a fun video of exercises...if and when I'll post it on my site accessible through my username on the left.

Comment

very cool primal! yes i was astonished at how easy it was! xoxo Darlene

Comment

Had so much fun with the new training tool I had to make a video with a bunch of exercises. Would love to see hear about other ideas. Click on my username to the left to get there.

Comment

oh cool thank you get primal xoox Darlene

Comment

very cool video I do all those things too, pretty fun toy eeh? killer workout too...here are some more ideas

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggmpisjjtTU&feature=fvw

xoxox Darlene

Comment

I watched that first video yesterday; very interesting. My thoughts:

Finding a car inner tube can be a challenge these days. I see that the old inner tube for floating is now a brand new plastic thingy in the stores!

Did anyone catch what size he used? He zoomed in on the label but then right back out.

If you aren't into that 40-55 pound range, probably a motorcycle tube would be better. This is about as large as they ever came: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BIKEMASTER-MOTORCYCLE-INNER-TIRE-TUBE-3-60-4-10-19-TR6_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQha shZitem3ca49e065cQQitemZ260459857500QQptZMotorcycl esQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

If that link doesn't work, just do an eBay search for motorcycle inner tube, look for the 19" one.

I'm thinking that the handle can be improved by putting a section of 1" or larger dowel inside up to the nylon tie strap, then another strap or two at the lower end of the dowel, around the dowel.

This looks like something I should do. Would fit my so called life style and budget.

Comment

OTB, you're right about the handle. Mine is a primitive first version, I'm sure people will improve the design dramatically. However, the way I did it works great and I haven't had any exercises where I wished for something different.

The size was a 15" car tire. I could see somebody throwing this in their car and going to the beach or park for a workout. There's not a part of your body that can't be worked with this thing. Mix some sprints into the fold and you've got a complete workout. You could do the same with just your body too but it's fun to make new toys.

Comment

I got my at shucks auto it is just a reg size intertube the kind you would fill with air to go tubing with. it was under $12.

xoxo Darlene

Comment

Working...
                              X