Hm, My chest felt that!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hm, My chest felt that!

I don't know why it's taken so long but, I think I may of found a breakthrough for my chest workouts. My chest has never been that strong, especially on the bench, I've always felt that my arms give out before my chest (tbh I've never felt my chest truly work or 'feel it'). But I've been trying wide grip pushups (Recent infatuation with pushups) and tried a widegrip bench today and damn, the chest 'feel' was dang good.

I've always used a standard grip and never really ventured out to wide grip much, I like to think that this will help with a nice bit of development in that area

Careful with wide grip benching. It places more stress on the pectoral muscle hence the "damn my chest feels worked" feeling, but it also puts more torque around the shoulder joint.

Long term wide grip benching < healthy shoulders

Comment

Originally posted by Mav3rick View Post
      Careful with wide grip benching. It places more stress on the pectoral muscle hence the "damn my chest feels worked" feeling, but it also puts more torque around the shoulder joint.

Long term wide grip benching < healthy shoulders
      I found this out from going too wide, I brought it in a bit (middle ground between wide grip and 'normal') and it seems nice.

Comment

What about trying a more narrow grip? It will hit the tris more as well.
        My whole life, I've felt like an animal......but I've ignored my instincts. I ignored what I really am. That will never happen again.

My blog

Comment

Originally posted by Adventure8410 View Post
          What about trying a more narrow grip? It will hit the tris more as well.
          Dips or weighted dips.

Comment

Originally posted by Lojasmo View Post
            Dips or weighted dips.
            +1.

Added difficulty...ring dips.
            My weak attempt at a journal:http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread35809.html

M/30y/190#

Comment

I am cranking out sets of wide-grip pushups whenever I feel the urge (often) and my chest is definitely starting to look more muscular. I like it!

Comment

Wide grip will definitely hit your chest more! I was thinking of trying a pushup superset today... 5 reps of an assortment of pushups, without rest... Wide, close, staggered, plyometric, divebomber... So much you can do! My biggest issue is *cheating* and not going all the way down, or not resting for that second at the bottom position. According to the Convict Conditioning book, you should get low enough to gently "kiss" or grace the top of a tennis ball, rest 1 second, and then aggressively push back up. Tough and effective!
                On a mission to help others master movement, build unbreakable strength, & eat MORE food (can't beat that.) Weekly fitness, health & nutrition articles at indulgentfitness.com.

Comment

Working...
                X