Muscle Control

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Muscle Control

I just found the weirdest shit: http://www.maxalding.co.uk/mc-book-english/mc-e-4a.htm

Has anybody tried this? I might, sounds very interesting, is this supposed to replace exercise? nah right?
    I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

you weren't kidding, that's super weird. i can't say it would replace any exercises, but i do know that it can help strengthen muscles. it's the same principle of contracting your abs periodically throughout the day. also, it's good to be able to contract specific muscles at will, helps with total body awareness.

Comment

Right, I think what's most interesting is being able to HOLD the same degree of tension in a muscle group without the help of another which is kind of what this is supposed to teach you. ie: Being able to fully flex your pectorals without having to bring your arms into the contraction, or holding that contraction once the arms are moving away from the chest which typically relaxes the pectorals.

Some of those ab pics are just CREEPY. I never thought you could isolate one side of your abs and relax the other... it's like you can literally have a "3 pack" ... makes me cringe.

Comment

The host site has other books available, on wellness, etc. I will read anything from this time period (early 1900s) and take it more seriously than new age stuff. http://www.maxalding.co.uk/

Comment

It doesn't seem that weird to me; just another form of isometrics, kind of like holding a plank position.

Comment

Wasn't that the basis of the old Charles Atlas mail order routines? Contraction and relaxation and so on.

Comment

I've just never seen anybody be able to do some of the ab holds he's doing, half in half out but vertically? pretty insane to me. Rest of the stuff I guess isn't so mind blowing but the ab stuff gives me the creeps.

Comment

It works BUT you still need to use "real" resistance (bodyweight, external weights) because tendons and ligaments need real weights to get stronger. There's a cool book by Harry Wong called "Dynamic Strength" that uses this method.

Comment

That is just like exercising facial muscles to keep yourself looking young without plastic surgery.
                  http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ighlight=grizz

Grizz

Comment

So, I'm the only one that finds this creepy? Not to mention seemingly very hard to do... ?

Comment

Stomach Vaccum & Isolation are not too hard and very good for a slim waist and massaging the inner organs. I practice them every day.

Comment

Interestingly weird but makes sense. I wouldn't throw out exercise but this is another form/discipline that coudl be used in order to stay in relative shape.
                        Today is a new day. You will get out of it just what you put into it. If you have made mistakes, there is always another chance for you. And supposing you have tried and failed again and again, you may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing we call 'Failure' is not the falling down, but the staying down.

Mary Pickford

Comment

Originally posted by Longquan View Post
                          Stomach Vaccum & Isolation are not too hard and very good for a slim waist and massaging the inner organs. I practice them every day.
                          Can you do what the guy in the pic is doing? Nuts, I never even knew the abdominal could be half relaxed half flexed...

Comment

Originally posted by iniQuity View Post
                            Can you do what the guy in the pic is doing? Nuts, I never even knew the abdominal could be half relaxed half flexed...
                            Yeah, although not that good. I focus mostly on the standard vacuum and iso

Comment

Isolation exercises like that are pretty standard in belly dance classes.

Comment

Working...
                              X