Fasted Sprints?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fasted Sprints?

Planning to get up at 6amish tommorow morning and gonna have a coffee then head out for a sprinting session before the day begins.

Going to have a largish dinner tonight to tide me over, and hopefully that will give me stored energy for tommorow morning.

Do many of you do fasted sprints? I'm going for a 90% session, with a few 80% bounds chucked in for composure. When I workout in the morning doing weights/shovelglove, I don't see much of a difference, but when it comes down to sprinting, there's little room to mess about!

I think I enjoy sprinting more fasted than fed to tell you the truth. I feel lighter and maybe that has something to do with it.
    http://www.facebook.com/daemonized

Comment

I do almost all my workouts (sprinting, yoga, weights, whatever) fasted. Have you worked out fasted before? If you haven't, just an FYI that there is a high probability of you completely crashing and burning. It sure as hell happened to me the first time I tried it but the body adapts and now it's not an issue at all.

Comment

I've been doing fasted sprints (at the end of a ~16 hour fast) once a week for the past 3 weeks or so. Sometimes I feel fast and sometimes I don't, so I'm not sure if I can chalk my perceived speed up to fasting; guess I should start measuring the distance I cover or something. I also am usually fasted for weight training. I always eat a big meal post-workout. I've been getting good results with this method so far: slow and steady muscle gain.

Comment

Yeah, I do 30% of my workouts fasted now. Planning to do 100% as I work from home, and I do my workouts and shower around 11am, and it really disjoints my working days. 6/7am wake & workout would be lovely for me, and better for my schedule!

Comment

Yesterday did sprints after a 2 mile run about 2 pm fasted from about 8pm the night before. I prefer working out fasted, about 2 years now.

Comment

I did my sprints last week fasted and I felt like a donkey, but other times when I sprint fasted it's been good to great. Totally depends on the day, i think.

Comment

I IF, so pretty much all my training is fasted.
                The toughest I ever got was from riding 45 miles in the hills and up mountains fasted.

Comment

I also prefer not to eat much before working out, especially sprints which I have not done in a couple weeks.
                  If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Comment

I prefer not having much in my stomach when i workout, though I don't IF for the workout, per se. But yeah, I've done sprints and they feel gooood.

Comment

all my workouts are after at least a 15 hour fast. i used to eat before working out and did ok, but now i am full of energy. knowing that an omelet is waiting for me when i'm done probably helps with that.
                      http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60178.html

Comment

Just completed my sprint session. Had a large dinner at 6;30pm, woke at 6;15, went out at 7;45am. Was good! Got a bit gassed after 4-5 all out sprints, and a splinter in my big toe, but other than that nice. Sitting here still fasted and enjoying the post workout rush. Surprised i'm not hungry yet!

Comment

Working...
                        X