Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New to Primal fitness, a quick question...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to Primal fitness, a quick question...

Hey to all fellow Groks and Grokettes

I am new to Primal fitness although I have followed the Primal eating for a little while. I downloaded the e-book and did my first self-assessment today. I found that on a couple of the moves, I could do the full compliment of reps on level 1 or 2, but not easily, was really pushing the final couple. My question is should I move on to the next level yet or stay on the level I can manage until I can maybe push out a few more?

I appreciate any advice
    My Journal

Mmmm, 39 views but no responses... Does that mean no-one knows or no-one cares

No matter, I guess I'll just figure it out....
    My Journal

Comment

Move up and level see how you do! If you can manage it, keep it up. If you can't, stick at level 2 for a bit and incorporate level 3 in occasionally until it feels like a manageable challenge.

So long as you can complete the movements with sacrificing form, you're not pushing too hard (or at least, that's my rule of thumb!)

Comment

I think you're supposed to do 2 rounds of the exercises and move to the next level when you're able to do the target reps in the 1st and 2nd rounds.

Comment

Thank you, thank you!

I appreciate your responses
          My Journal

Comment

I just reread the ebook and Mark suggested that, even if you can finish 2 sets at a level, you may want to stay there an extra session or two and maybe try to reduce time or increase reps. He said it will make the transition to the next level easier.

Comment

Thanks Jenn,

I may have got through the workouts but I think I'm going to die now! The squats and assisted pull-ups have just about murdered my quads! My legs keep on going out from underneath me so I know I am definately not ready to move up a level. I can't even imagine when I'll be able to walk again without crying
              My Journal

Comment

welcome from a near newbie in sydney .. enjoy !

Comment

Thanks Neil, I am enjoying so far, except for the new Nazi-style walking I'm doing to avoid bending my legs
                  Just had a long hot soak in an epsom salts bath so I'm feeling a bit looser. Think I'll stick to nice easy walks for a coupla days though!

How have you been finding it so far? How long have you been at it?
                  My Journal

Comment

lol... is this the first time you've done squats before

Comment

The squats are not a problem to do, but I get SO bored doing 50! It's the only part of the workout I don't look forward to. Any ideas on how to make it not so boring?
                      "It may be normal darling, but I'd rather be natural." -Holly Golightly

Comment

Originally posted by arthurb999 View Post
                        lol... is this the first time you've done squats before
                        Not the first time, but let's just say, it's been a while I think the fact that I followed them up with a 2 hour walk on the soft sand of the beach is what really did me in! It's been a while since I did any focussed exercise except for my regular hikes!
                        My Journal

Comment

Originally posted by RednGreen View Post
                          The squats are not a problem to do, but I get SO bored doing 50! It's the only part of the workout I don't look forward to. Any ideas on how to make it not so boring?
                          Not really I'm afraid. I'm only very new to this so haven't had the chance to get bored yet. Sorry
                          My Journal

Comment

this i my 4th week so really quite new

the first 2 weeks tuff with carb flu but mostly over that .. appetite has diminished and cravings mostly gone

fitness wise ive stuck to the blueprint and have pretty much levelled up on everything except pull ups .. which i detest ...

so yeah its a good experience for me thus far

Comment

um if u can do 50 then go the next level ... you will be too sore to be bored

Comment

Working...
                              X