Least obvious Vibram 5 fingers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Least obvious Vibram 5 fingers

I know that eventually people are going to notice that I'm wearing shoes that look like a glove but is there one style/colour that people find is the least obvious?

I am so intrigued by them but I need to ease myself into the idea.

I bought a pair of black/black KSO's and have been wearing them everywhere (except work, not allowed to there) and haven't even so much as had a sidelong glance. I was expecting looks and comments galore, and have had literally none.

Walking in them is fantastic though, don't be scared to get them. You find yourself walking with better posture and more comfortably.

Comment

Darien did you order your exact size, a little smaller? Just wondering about how to ensure a perfect fit.

“Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” -Oscar Wilde
      "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -George Bernard Shaw
      "The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass." -Martin Mull

Comment

I am also intrigued by them, but can't afford them.

Comment

Helen: From the experiences that others have given I think that you should consider them an investment in your total-body health. Although I can understand that sometimes it just doesn't fit in the budget!

Comment

No, I actually ended up with two sizes bigger than recommended by the website. I measured a 43 and needed a 45. I went and got them at a store though, same price as online. They let me try them on until we found a pair that fit right.

Comment

cool thanks!

“Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” -Oscar Wilde
              "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -George Bernard Shaw
              "The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass." -Martin Mull

Comment

Serial Sinner,

When I ordered mine I actually ordered two pairs of different sizes and then just returned the ones that didn't fit as well. They refund you if you return them within 30 days.

Comment

What stores carry them??

Comment

I have the taupe-ish sprints, and just got a pair of black classics. I definitely think the black classics are less noticeable. My husband got black KSO's, and like Darien said people don't even notice them sometimes.

You are what you eat,
                    and what you eat eats too - Michael Pollan

Comment

Helen: REI has them in some stores, or so I understand (they can be hard to find). I got mine at a small runners' equipment store in a nearby college town. The FiveFingers web site should have a "store locator" on it somewhere.

Comment

I bought the light blue sprints. People just assume that they're water shoes. The only real comments I've had have been from children, who seem to think that they're the coolest thing ever. One little girl asked if they were sticky!

Comment

Haha sticky. I can imagine her thinking that they were like gecko feet.

Comment

Helen, you might want to check the stores since they may have unexpected sales. I bought a pair of classics yesterday for $40 (half off) because they wanted to get rid of last years stuff.

Excited to start wearing them. Seems my piky toe is rubbing against the material though, ouch.

Comment

I also think black KSO's are the least obvious. Especially if you have black socks on.

I have no problems wearing them to the office with pants and a collared shirt, or out to big meetings, etc...

As for size. I purchased a bunch online as per the Vibram instructions. They fit pretty well (the flows are hard to get into and need to be stretched out it seems). My KSO's (that I bought locally and didn't have any choice for size) are two sizes too big. They are ok large, but if I bought them again, I would probably get them at the Vibram suggested size.

The "Seven Deadly Sins"

• Grains (wheat/rice/oats etc) . . . . . • Dairy (milk/yogurt/butter/cheese etc) . . . . .• Nightshades (peppers/tomato/eggplant etc)
                              • Tubers (potato/arrowroot etc) . . . • Modernly palatable (cashews/olives etc) . . . • Refined foods (salt/sugars etc )
                              • Legumes (soy/beans/peas etc)

Comment

Working...
                              X