50 burpee challenge!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 50 burpee challenge!

here's a simple fitness challenge: do 50 burpees. time it. make a video for proof, if you don't want people to call you on some bs. post it here. leaderboard follows...

a burpee is defined, for the sake of this thread, as follows: full push-up, jump as high as you can, arms over head preferred.

OnlyBodyWeight - 3:00
    chronyx - 3:35
    truthjusticeUSAway - 3:52
    john b - 4:27

do it up! this is about progress, not "winning". no ego and no shame here (as my sad time shows...but i've shaved a lot of time off in just three weeks already!)
    Last edited by truthjusticeUSAway; 08-01-2010, 01:14 PM.
    .survive.then.win.

Hey - Nice challenge!

It's funny how we were both thinking of similar types of challenges at the same time. I hope nobody thinks the title of my post is an implication that you're challenge is not as serious. Just funny timing. Fifty burpees is a fun challenge that everybody can do!

I also like the King Hippo avatar.
    "In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they couldn't be more different."

"You can have anything you want, but you can't have everything you want."

My blog: http://www.AlKavadlo.com

sigpic

Comment

Let's clarify what kind of burpees we're talking about here. Do they include pushups? Jumps? Jumping knee raises?
      You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

full push-up, jump as high as you can, arms over head preferred. i'll add that to the original post.

kavadlo - i can't take full credit. i post on an mma board (sherdog) and there's the same challenge on there. i logged my time in at 4:30 on their boards a few weeks back, so i'm definitely making progress in getting back in fighting shape after a loooong break!
        .survive.then.win.

Comment

i've been working on this for the last month.....started at 6;38 now i'm down to 4;48 as my best time trying hard to break 4;30

Comment

Originally posted by truthjusticeUSAway View Post
            full push-up, jump as high as you can, arms over head preferred. i'll add that to the original post.

kavadlo - i can't take full credit. i post on an mma board (sherdog) and there's the same challenge on there. i logged my time in at 4:30 on their boards a few weeks back, so i'm definitely making progress in getting back in fighting shape after a loooong break!
            Go to Ross Enamait's forum and it's a 100 burpee challenge. That'll put some hair on ya!!

Comment

haha, i'll take on 100 when i get my fifty below two minutes. there are people on the sherdog boards logging sub-1:30 times for fifty...it's a goal to shoot for, for sure.
              .survive.then.win.

Comment

just did 4:27 my all time best.................btw truth justice most videos i've seen of sub 3 min 50 burpee times imo are not true burpees.........the attempters leave out the squat down portion and just fall forward on the floor.....great times and they are def in beter shape than me but its not a burpee..........imo a true burpee is a 6 count burpee
                1.full squat down (hands on floor)
                2.kick legs back into push up position
                3.down push up
                4.up push up
                5.pull legs back under to squat position
                6.squat up and jump

thats 1 burpee and most people i see with under 3 mins 50 burpees do a modified form of that

Comment

then i'll just have to prove you wrong, won't i?
                  .survive.then.win.

Comment

that wasnt meant for u ....sorry if u thought that, i meant the people on youtube that i have seen posting the below 3 min times.....i'm sure you will get there and maybe i'll be there 2

Comment

Sounds like a good challenge, I will give it ago on saturday.. maybe. lol

Comment

Originally posted by john b View Post
                        that wasnt meant for u ....sorry if u thought that, i meant the people on youtube that i have seen posting the below 3 min times.....i'm sure you will get there and maybe i'll be there 2
                        haha i wasn't being defensive, i'm just pretty sure i can maintain decent form and beat my current time
                        .survive.then.win.

Comment

Did 50 before breakfast, as afterwards might not have been a great idea

3:35.

Comment

Originally posted by john b View Post
                            ..imo a true burpee is a 6 count burpee
                            1.full squat down (hands on floor)
                            2.kick legs back into push up position
                            3.down push up
                            4.up push up
                            5.pull legs back under to squat position
                            6.squat up and jump

Most people, including myself, combine steps 1&2.
                            In fact, I think it's harder that way.

Comment

Originally posted by OnlyBodyWeight View Post
                              Most people, including myself, combine steps 1&2.
                              In fact, I think it's harder that way.
                              obviously whatever works for you is gonna be best, i just was always taught that a true burpee is a 6 count burpee so thats what i stick with.......either way its an exercise that is bruttally intense whetehr doing it for time or for sheer numbers best of luck

Comment

Working...
                              X