No announcement yet.

Been asleep for to long...Hyphenation is over

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am enjoying reading your journal. I can't imagine what you have suffered, but I know pain and depression well. I look forward to hearing more about your progress!!!
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Comment

Hello jammies good to meet you, is that a Rottweiler in your photo lovely dog....give him/her a hug from me.

So I just got up at 11am naughty girl, but I was awake most of the night. The storm has brought amazing clear blue sky, but a big mess to clear up I may go for another hike later as the dog's love playing in the mud, I doubt may hunter's stayed around last night if any. There will be a few coming back but they are only aloud to shot wood pigeons and not anything that moves like us.
      Off to eat my breakfast for lunch

Forgot to say Day 13
      Last edited by Manda63; 10-05-2013, 02:52 AM.
      Got my life back September 23rd 2013...Female 5'6"

HW 210lbs
      SW 202lbs
      CW189lbs
      GW140lbs

The best feeling is not feeling depressed

My journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread95382.html

Comment

Can not sleep woke at 1am, now 3:30am.
        As a staunch low-carber, I'm the last person you'd expect to hear this from. But your poor sleep may be the result of heat flashes, possibly from either low calorie intake or - sigh - insufficient carbohydrate intake. With a million if's and's and but's, I'd say try eating more meat of you're low on it ( to raise your total caloric intake a tad ), and/or eating more "safe" carbs to keep you from getting hot flashes in your sleep ( by avoiding keto, and the mythical "stress hormones" that many here have claimed to keep at bay - might be a myth, but a torrent of local anecdotes do support it.) . I never had this issue, but I'm a younger male and I can't compare my experiences objectively to yours. I regularly go zero carb for days on end without a problem, so I'm the wrong guy to help you on this one!
        Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

He Knifegill, I don't think I am eating to bad at the moment, I know its a bit yoyo the Cals, Fat, Pro & Carbs. Yesterday I think I got to much Pro...Cals 2076, Fat 138.5, Carbs 65, Pro 139, I did hike yesterday for 3h though. Some days my food is half of that, I will keep Carbs above 50. I had a lot of chicken yesterday, maybe I ate to late. I am happy where I am and will slowly sort out my needs as I add more and more exercise. Need to get all my calculation sorted with LBM ect...Thanks for the info

HW 210lbs
          SW 202lbs
          CW189lbs
          GW140lbs

Comment

Day 13 over and I did some calculations today, I will try them for a week and see how I get on. So I will keep my Carbs under 80 and my Pro between 60-90 (higher end when hiking), the rest in fat. Not sure about Cals for now and will carry on eating only when hungry.

I feel good today not tired yet, but will go to bed soon as up early for the Dog Walk to raise money for the dog home. Only taking 2 dogs with me, the other 2 are going to work. They had fun again in the big puddles, bit slippy for me today fell over twice I hate falling over as I am always scared my back will go, I put it out once 3 months laid up and 3 months physiotherapy. Hiked 2h today as we went late, there was a few hunters around but no shooting hahahaha
            177.jpg

HW 210lbs
            SW 202lbs
            CW189lbs
            GW140lbs

Comment

055.jpg
              059.jpg
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Manda63; 10-07-2013, 02:35 AM.

HW 210lbs
              SW 202lbs
              CW189lbs
              GW140lbs

Comment

If you put your finger in the middle of this photo, that where I get to at the moment. It takes over an hour to get up there

214.jpg
                Last edited by Manda63; 10-05-2013, 01:55 PM. Reason: Spelling

HW 210lbs
                SW 202lbs
                CW189lbs
                GW140lbs

Comment

Day 15

So yesterday was such a busy day, we walked 5k with about 100 dogs. Some was from the dogs home, they are such lovely dogs. Voluntaries keep the home open as the local council has stopped any kind of funding and some arsehole has built a privet home and is getting funding. But if you ever try to go there and see the dogs there is no one there, he get €3.50 a day for each dog. We think he has about 300 dogs, so he get a nice €31000.00 a month. It seems the dogs get to see no one it all automatic, well now I am feel strong and knew nothing about this I am going to try and do something about it. Its properly Mafia, but I am not scared of them one little bit. I come from a very hard headed Irish family, we know how to fight for what is right. Anyway enough of my going on, I am just so mad really mad I feel so Primal

I am doing so well and I feel so wide eyed all the time, to think 2 weeks ago everything I did was an effort. The days I did not have to work I would stay in bed, I would stay up all night eating crap and sleep all day I would try to get back on track, but it only ever lasted 3-4 days and then I would binge. I was hungry all the time, even after 2 pizza's I would still be hungry.
                  Yesterday I had a protein shake on my walk, after everyone was stuffing their faces with pizza, cake ect...I had a big bottle of water. In the afternoon I sat having tea with a friend and began to get hungry, but that real feeling hungry when your tummy rumbles and hurts. Everyone around me was eating junk food, but it did not bother me I was craving real food. So I went next door and bought a whole roasted chicken, it was so yummy (I did not eat it all).

I think I am back, I think I have done it. How amazing is that, I really started to think I was never going to get my life back.
                  I am going to get some photos of me later and put them on here, I will put one of me before my depression and one of me at my biggest. Depression and my health was most important for me to heal, I must say losing 8lbs is wonderful too
                  Attached Files

HW 210lbs
                  SW 202lbs
                  CW189lbs
                  GW140lbs

Comment

The dogs looking for a forever home wore t-shirts

215.jpg

149.jpg

024.jpg

169.jpg

HW 210lbs
                    SW 202lbs
                    CW189lbs
                    GW140lbs

Comment

You are doing a great job!

Another book I would recommend is "the mood cure" by julia ross. She talks about the importance of amino acids in addition to good nutrition in dealing with depression.

I would mostly stay away from the general forum unless you are searching for a specific topic. Find a few journals to read and make support friends there.
                      Primal since 9/24/2010
                      "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                      MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

Thank you pepples67 thanks for the info, I will have a look tomorrow.

Another wonderful day for me, the weather has been a bit on/off last 10 days I guess because its Autumn :P
                        Well today I got my bike out and went for 1h ride, it was good but hate when some cool guy passes me. Well everyone passes me, they are all so fit with their lovely fit bottoms. I will look like them soon and they will have to keep up with me
                        I think I will have to change the saddle on my bike as it a man's bike, the ladies model was not a good fit for me. It is sooooo important that a bike is right for you as you will end up with knee, back, hip, shoulder, ect... problems.
                        Off to bed now, I hope my sleep pattern sorts itself out soon I seem to get by on 6h.

HW 210lbs
                        SW 202lbs
                        CW189lbs
                        GW140lbs

Comment

tmp_20130805_1917162113467432.jpg

HW 210lbs
                          SW 202lbs
                          CW189lbs
                          GW140lbs

Comment

Photo's of me 7 years ago while doing IVF, photo's before IVF started I need to scan.

008.jpg

459.JPG

IMG_0158.jpg

HW 210lbs
                            SW 202lbs
                            CW189lbs
                            GW140lbs

Comment

Photo's of me at my heaviest 2 years ago,

396b.jpg

397.JPG

511.jpg

HW 210lbs
                              SW 202lbs
                              CW189lbs
                              GW140lbs

Comment

Just a quick hi as I am at work, yesterday was a great day I got up early after a good night sleep. For the first time in I don't know how long I slept all night, I normally pee every 2h (I know you didn't want to know that). I hiked yesterday morning really early, it was a good hike at the top I laid on a giant rock in the sun for 20mins. I took some nice photos too, yes of the dogs and the views. Oh at work last night they were having drinks and nibbles, I had 1 glass of red wine and some cashews as they were the only nuts there. I don't feel bad about my choice as the rest was pure junk food.

Day 17 today, I have so much energy, I keep waiting for me to collapse but I just keep going I feel like a train just chugging along, with lots of steam still keeping me going. Ok back to work, hope everyone in the world is doing okay

HW 210lbs
                                SW 202lbs
                                CW189lbs
                                GW140lbs

Comment

Working...
                                X