Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Gloucester in UK

Time to say Hi

Been lurking around here since end of Jan 2013 and finally registered and thought to say Hi.

I have been following Primal and I am very lucky as I am able to raise most of my own meat. I have sheep, pigs and cows for meat. a few chickens for eggs, some turkeys which I seem to share with the local foxes and my best friend Gem, the Border Collie that helps keep the animals in order.

Hello from NZ and welcome. Good on you growing your own meat. I have chickens and a garden for veges. I've been primal for 3 months now. By chance, are you near a place called Cirencester? (Spelling may be off).
    Go sell crazy somewhere else.........we're all stocked up here.

Comment

Ohhh yes....about 20 miles North... How do you know it??...where in NZ are you?

Comment

Originally posted by ShaunP View Post
        Ohhh yes....about 20 miles North... How do you know it??...where in NZ are you?
        My Grandmother is from there, she came to NZ with my Great Grandmother when she was about 9.

I live in Golden Bay, its the top of the South Island.

Comment

Well I would say your Grand Mother and great grand mother made a very wise move!!

I have been close to your location.....cant quite remember How far North in the South Island I went. I remember going Seal Watching but the name of the Town currently slips my mind.....I will be awake all night now trying to think of it!!!

Comment

Nooo, the U.K is a fantastic country. Only being away from it do I appreciate it's little quirks (I'm British and moved to the U.S a few months ago. Probably just homesick...)

Comment

Hi Shaun and welcome!! I'm jealous that you get to raise your own meat. I'd love to see pics.
              F 45 5'5"
              SW 177
              CW 141

Comment

Well I would say your Grand Mother and great grand mother made a very wise move!!

I have been close to your location.....cant quite remember How far North in the South Island I went. I remember going Seal Watching but the name of the Town currently slips my mind.....I will be awake all night now trying to think of it!!!
                Was it Kaikoura? That's on the east coast, or were you on the west coast. You can pretty much see seals anywhere here.

Comment

Yes, it was on the east, I remember driving from Christchurch, I think there was a small aerodrome just before getting into the town. I stayed in a house on the front and there was I special viewing area for seal watching. We could see any so me and my mate walked around the coast and came across hundreds of them basking in the sun. What a delight.

When I looked on google maps last night I did wonder if it was Kaikoura. I will try look again later. Off to feed the animals now!!

Comment

Greetings from a bit further South of you. Well impressed with the livestock, sounds like you've got things sussed.
                    Me, My Father and The Alzheimer's - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread84213.html

Comment

Here are the Pigs that will be making the trip to the freezer soon

IMG-20130905-00095.jpg

and the cows that will go next spring

Tewkesbury-20130905-00088.jpg

Lambs, chickens and Turkey pics to follow!!
                      Last edited by ShaunP; 09-05-2013, 09:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by awok677 View Post
                        Greetings from a bit further South of you. Well impressed with the livestock, sounds like you've got things sussed.
                        Not sure that I have it all sussed. There is a lot of hard work in getting a dinner in this house!!! It seems that when you think you have it sussed something comes along to make you realise that you havent!!!

Comment

Nice - Tamworths? Dexters?
                          Me, My Father and The Alzheimer's - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread84213.html

Comment

Here are the Pigs that will be making the trip to the freezer soon

[ATTACH]12905[/ATTACH]

and the cows that will go next spring

[ATTACH]12906[/ATTACH]

Lambs, chickens and Turkey pics to follow!!
                            Cute! And tasty.

Comment

Tamworth - yes = tasty
                              Dexter - yes = very tasty

Where abouts in South West are you?

Comment

Working...
                              X