Hello and am I doing this wrong?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Kikiperpie,

If it's any consolation - I've been Primal for about 2 months, and not lost anything. I am not at my heaviest now though, I lost a fair bit when I went on Atkins and gave up drinking. I'm now tweaking things bit by bit, but as it all took us so long to build up the weight, it's not going to fall off in a week / month or what we think is fair! The health benefits I've gained far outweigh (literally) the lbs I'm looking to shed, eventually.

Time takes time - they say!!!

PG!
    Primal - June 3rd 2013
    Starting Weight - 150lbs
    Current Weight - 150lbs
    Goal Weight - 130lbs
    (Female / 5'4")

Comment

PG you are right. It has taken me a few years to put the weight on but I have not been a food abuser in any way. In fact I have fully supported my husband's primal diet for several years and I would eat fish and veg or steak and veg a few times a week. I will continue on, but I'm looking forward to getting over the current dip so I can get into some serious exercise, that just ain't happening at the mo with my energy levels in my boots
      Kiki
      I'm not saying lets kill all the stupid people in the world, I'm just saying let's remove all the warning labels and let the problem take care of itself.

Comment

Honest feedback.

In FIVE DAYS you have effortlessly had IBS health issue disappear, a lot more energy and presumably feeling much better - but a number on a scale is more important than the beginning of the health improvements after these five days.

Sorry if is sounds harsh but plenty has happened and it's just the beginning - first the health needs to be restored, the aesthetics will follow.
        Last edited by EatMoveSleep; 08-02-2013, 05:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kikiperpie View Post
          PG you are right. It has taken me a few years to put the weight on but I have not been a food abuser in any way. In fact I have fully supported my husband's primal diet for several years and I would eat fish and veg or steak and veg a few times a week. I will continue on, but I'm looking forward to getting over the current dip so I can get into some serious exercise, that just ain't happening at the mo with my energy levels in my boots
          Kiki
          Your body I think ** is seeking a slow down to catch up with the changes you've made, the 'carb flu' is quite common, and once you're over it, energy levels to rise, moods improve, sleep improves - all sorts of things. I too am on a real downer about not having this magical weight loss especially after 2 months, but I don't know if I've honestly been 100% at it, but there again, I am looking at it as a life long thing, so I will of course 'cheat' in the years to come, so I'm not obsessing.

I am on vacation in 2 months, so my goal is to slim down a bit by then. I have some physical stuff I'm working on before I can properly do some of the exercises which frustrates me.

Anyway, hang in there - and you'll be feeling alot more alert soon.

PG!
          Primal - June 3rd 2013
          Starting Weight - 150lbs
          Current Weight - 150lbs
          Goal Weight - 130lbs
          (Female / 5'4")

Comment

I didn't see much change until 3 weeks into my Primal life. It took me years and years to get to the physical and mental state we are in so it might take a while for our bodies to realize a change has been made and start to work properly. I haven't given up my evening cocktail yet and it might be a while before I do, but I started to drop ounces every day about a week ago. (14 lbs so far) When I started, I was also over eating in calories while my body adjusted. Now I am able to fast when I'm not hungry, I don't panic if it appears I don't have enough to eat because the quality overwhelms the quantity now. I don't worry about cravings because they are for veggies, fat and protein. Good luck and remember to be patient. (1 month Primal and strong)

Comment

Hello all,,
              Ive been following the diet for last 3weeks.ibs symptoms improved until i had steak the other night.does steak usually do that?havent lost weight either.please advise..

Comment

Originally posted by Becca View Post
                Hello all,,
                Ive been following the diet for last 3weeks.ibs symptoms improved until i had steak the other night.does steak usually do that?havent lost weight either.please advise..
                Not that I've noticed.

My personal theory is that weight loss occurs because when you are eating fat/protein you are eating more satisfying foods, and consequently eat less.
                Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
                5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
                Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
                TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
                bloodorchid is always right

Comment

Originally posted by Becca View Post
                  Hello all,,
                  How much weight do you need to lose? The closer you are to your healthy weight, the tougher it is to lose it. Also, weight isn't put on in a few weeks, and it could take a bit for it to start coming off. You say you had some steak after 3 weeks and problems came back? What is it you've been eating otherwise?

Comment

Working...
                  X