No announcement yet.

Beginner here needs some help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You don't want dark yellow, that's for certain. Light yellow is preferable. If you're peeing clear all the time, you are likely washing out your electrolytes.

Comment

Originally posted by sarahemma14 View Post
      I don't think its dehydration, I drink a ton of water every day! My pee is pretty much white,
      drinking a lot of water depletes electrolytes really quickly. potassium is the biggest concern because on a VLC diet you have reduced your intake considerably.
      easiest way to check and rectify this is to nip to the pharmacy and get some diorlyte or its equivalent. mix 1 sachet in the next few glasses of water you drink till the packs gone. then increase potassium in your diet-fish is high as is spinach.
      dehydration isnt just about water volume-its actually about electrolyte balance within the volume of fluid in your body.
      diorlyte isnt for long term use but is ideal as a `quick fix` to get you normal levels. headache is a classic stage 1 sign. (get the basic not `diorlyte relief` as you aren't treating diarrhoea - relief contains rice flour,the basic just contains all the electrolytes)

I'm also VLC and its going very well for me, deal with electrolytes first-imbalances can make you pretty sick . then look at increasing carbs if you want but I think you'll feel fine when you are back in balance
      Last edited by CarbDodger; 07-05-2013, 01:07 AM.
      When I'd had enough of the grain and starched based 'diabetic eating for health' diet (eating for health, my ass!) my weight was 242.5 lbs. On starting primal- 18th April 2013 weight : 238.1.
      27th July 2013. weight after 100 days 136.9 weight lost 101.2lb ; that's 105.6lbs since I stopped the 'diabetic eating for health'
      new journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1264082

Comment

I'm VLC and whenever I start getting headaches it's either dehydration or lack of electrolytes. Taking magnesium and Potassium has helped a lot. If I get a really bad one, some sea salt usually fixes it right up.
        Every moment of life does not have to be perfect to be of value --Winnie Dalley

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Comment

Thank you everyone for your input, I will try the electrolyte replacement and see if that works. I don't want to have to increase my carbs if necessary because this is working for me otherwise. Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
          X