Hi from London...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi from London...

I'm a 42 year old woman from London. I started my non carb diet (after reading 'Why we get fat')about 2 months ago and got rid of 5 kg. Two weeks ago I stumbled upon Mark Sisson's website and I was pretty much convinced then and there and have since been on a journey to go Primal...so far so good but not sure I'm happy with weight loss...I was expecting it to be faster...My guess is I have to be patient and wait...

Hoping to learn lots here,
    Ines

Hello Ines

Well done for your weight loss...more weight loss will soon come don't worry...just keep Primal!

Comment

Originally posted by Ines View Post
      I'm a 42 year old woman from London. I started my non carb diet (after reading 'Why we get fat')about 2 months ago and got rid of 5 kg. Two weeks ago I stumbled upon Mark Sisson's website and I was pretty much convinced then and there and have since been on a journey to go Primal...so far so good but not sure I'm happy with weight loss...I was expecting it to be faster...My guess is I have to be patient and wait...

Hoping to learn lots here,
      Ines
      How much have you lost over what period of time?

But generally its a slow process. Remember its a lifestyle though, you should also notice a great increase in your health and vitality which for me would be enough even if my fatloss was slow coming. In other words there are many other good things that come from primal eating than weight change albeit a nice part of it.
      One time http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/forum.php

Comment

Well according to my tablet app I'm losing an average of 400g a week...put that way does not seem as bad...the week I stay the same I get really frustrated especially since I know I have been 'good' and stuck to the diet....well let's see what happens in the next few weeks...and months thanks for support and welcom

Comment

I'm losing an average of 400g a week according to my table app...put that way it does not seem as bad but the week I stay the same I get really frustrated especially since I have been good and stuck to the 'diet'...anyways let's see what happens in the coming weeks ...and moths ....thanks for welcome and support
          ines

Comment

ooops sorry...I'm new

Comment

Welcome to the club. Primal isn't a diet so try not to think about it like that. It's a long term life change. Weight watching is a part of the problem imho as it kind of sets people up to fail and can have some negative psycholgical effects. Have you started doing any exercise as that is really good for making you feel good and look good?
              Man seeks to change the foods available in nature to suit his tastes, thereby putting an end to the very essence of life contained in them.
              www.primaljoy.co.uk

Comment

yes i am exercising, three times a week average...I'm seriously thinking of trying the primal fitness program...I've got as far as printing out the four moves so next just start on level 1 and work on the progression...
                I can see what you mean about the scales watching...it drives me mad and like this week looks like the scales are not on my favour and I don't know why and then I start to question everything and selfdoubt creeps in and then why bother....
                thanks for your encouriging word...

Comment

oh not again...I thought I had replied already....what am I doing wrong?!! Never mind...yes I have to stop jumping on the scales so regularly....drives me crazy when scales are not on my favour...selfdoubt creeps in and then I start on negative thoughts of 'why bother'.....I'm exercising 2-3 times a week but seriously thinking of folowing the pbf program...start of level 1 of every move and play twice a week and sprint....we'll see...thanks for the encouriging words...

Comment

Originally posted by Ines View Post
                    I'm losing an average of 400g
                    that's about what is been for me. note as others have said that the PB is not a diet, it is a lifestyle. Go out and walk under the sun or the stars. Feel grass under your feet. Eat, sleep, play. Grok on.

Comment

I haven't lost any weight for about four months although I believe I need to shed a good stone or so. I only know I haven't lost any weight in that time because Tuesday was the first time I stepped on the scales. That's how stressed I am, as in "Am I bovvered?"

I eat reasonably (and exercise a bit in short hard bursts) so I lost 62 lbs in a year and am more fit than I have been for at least 15 years. And, I am not getting the colds and other bugs I used to suffer from, a lot. Lastly, I do not get the hunger shakes if I'm late having a meal.
                      Why use a sledge hammer to crack a nut when a steam roller is even more effective, and, is fun to drive.

Comment

Hello fellow Londoner!

May I ask how you felt going minimal carb? Are you consuming more carbs now you're on Primal? In what forms (starches, fruit)? I think the initial weight loss was water weight. Our metabolisms slow as we age, unfortunately. You need to be patient, rapid weight loss is unhealthy, steady weight loss is optimal. Make sure you track what you eat, your cals might be a bit high depending on your activity levels.
                        Last edited by Mikee5; 06-30-2013, 02:44 PM.

Comment

yes I understand what you are saying and you are most probably spot on...I need to change my diet mentality and get used to the idea of healthy lifestyle...Monday jump on the scales day and I am 500g lighter...seriously thinking of doing without the scales but not quiet ready yet
                          Mikee5 what do you mean by track calories? I thought low carb/primal equals no calorie counting....mmmm a bit confused...can you explain pls? thanks

Comment

Hi! I am in London too (Surrey).
                            Just wanted to say that you should not rely on the scales at all. I don't use them anymore. I measure instead and also every now and then check how my tight clothes feel.. they are usually getting looser and looser. That's good enough for me. Weight can be affected by so many factors- water fluctuations, PMS, increase in muscle mass etc. Vibrant health that comes with this WOE is the best thing of all!
                            Best of luck!

Comment

you might find low carb better than no carb actually; have you considered it?
                              When I'd had enough of the grain and starched based 'diabetic eating for health' diet (eating for health, my ass!) my weight was 242.5 lbs. On starting primal- 18th April 2013 weight : 238.1.
                              27th July 2013. weight after 100 days 136.9 weight lost 101.2lb ; that's 105.6lbs since I stopped the 'diabetic eating for health'
                              new journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1264082

Comment

Working...
                              X