Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heavy drinker

Hello everyone.

I've been a heavy drinker for over twenty years and got the beer belly from hell.

My diet has been very poor in most of that time, but I quit three days ago.

Been lurking this board for a couple of weeks and I'm aiming to go primal to the full extent. Although my knowledge on nutrition regarding carbs, fats proteins and healthy eating is not too bad, I do have a few questions that I hope MDA members will be able to help me with.

Anyway I'm here for now to say hello and will look forward to reading and posting.

Excellent forum and I'm so pleased I stumbled across it.
    FTM. I'm not biased, I hope everybody beats the mags!

Welcome

Comment

Originally posted by Sol blackcat View Post
      Hello everyone.

I've been a heavy drinker for over twenty years and got the beer belly from hell.

My diet has been very poor in most of that time, but I quit three days ago.

Been lurking this board for a couple of weeks and I'm aiming to go primal to the full extent. Although my knowledge on nutrition regarding carbs, fats proteins and healthy eating is not too bad, I do have a few questions that I hope MDA members will be able to help me with.

Anyway I'm here for now to say hello and will look forward to reading and posting.

Excellent forum and I'm so pleased I stumbled across it.
      Welcome Sol! How is your transition to primal going?

Comment

Welcome and good luck on your journey!

Comment

Thanks for the welcomes.

So far so good patti.

Long long way to go but I'm confident that if I keep off the booze then I'll succeed at primal.

Comment

best wishes and I hope the hardest part is over.
            When I'd had enough of the grain and starched based 'diabetic eating for health' diet (eating for health, my ass!) my weight was 242.5 lbs. On starting primal- 18th April 2013 weight : 238.1.
            27th July 2013. weight after 100 days 136.9 weight lost 101.2lb ; that's 105.6lbs since I stopped the 'diabetic eating for health'
            new journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1264082

Comment

Welcome, the basics are pretty straighforward as you've probably seen. If I had a question about any particular food, I found it very helpful to type it in to the search bar on here. Best of luck!
              Healthy is the new wealthy.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/ances...handnutrition/

Comment

I'm proud of you! Good luck in leading healthier lifestyle and welcome =)
                Hardgainer trying to gain - my primal journal : http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread91644.html

Comment

I wish I could remember what it was, but there was some tie between alcohol cravings and carb cravings. I'm not sure if that's an issue for you, but it's worth looking into.
                  Durp.

Comment

My alcohol consumption and cravings are way less on primal. I don't get the 8 o'clock need for a glass of red although I still have the occasional one. Good on you Sol.
                    Man seeks to change the foods available in nature to suit his tastes, thereby putting an end to the very essence of life contained in them.
                    www.primaljoy.co.uk

Comment

Thanks everyone, it's going to be tough tonight not drinking on my favourite night.

I've not had any form of carbs for four days now, in fact I've hardly had anything to eat at all. I've just got no appetite whatsoever. I'm feeling light headed and drained and hardly had any sleep in the four days. I've always been a very bad sleeper ever since I was a child and that was the start of my drinking problem when I discovered that alcohol would put me to sleep.

Thanks for the support and I'm very glad to be here.

I'm taking Antabuse that I bought from an online pharmacy so I can't afford to muck up and even attempt to to drink.

Can't drink, won't drink!!!

Comment

Get yourself something to eat mate....steak and salad with some mayonnaise and you'll feel loads better. Have loads of cups of tea instead as you are drinking something and doing a little ritual. TV on Saturday night is so deprssing that you should avoid it...it would drive anyone to drink! Have a read of one of the primal books and remind yourself how imporant it is to give your body some care. Good luck
                        Man seeks to change the foods available in nature to suit his tastes, thereby putting an end to the very essence of life contained in them.
                        www.primaljoy.co.uk

Comment

stay around here and yap mate, look at the primal recipe thread and plan some good nom noms- your body will soon be enjoying foodgasms!
                          When I'd had enough of the grain and starched based 'diabetic eating for health' diet (eating for health, my ass!) my weight was 242.5 lbs. On starting primal- 18th April 2013 weight : 238.1.
                          27th July 2013. weight after 100 days 136.9 weight lost 101.2lb ; that's 105.6lbs since I stopped the 'diabetic eating for health'

Comment

Originally posted by MaceyUK View Post
                            Get yourself something to eat mate....steak and salad with some mayonnaise and you'll feel loads better. Have loads of cups of tea instead as you are drinking something and doing a little ritual. TV on Saturday night is so deprssing that you should avoid it...it would drive anyone to drink! Have a read of one of the primal books and remind yourself how imporant it is to give your body some care. Good luck
                            That's exactly what I did mate, ate some food at the time I would start drinking.

Can't stand that Saturday night tv rubbish.

Thanks.

Cd, I'm going to be on here for the night. It will help occupy my mind.
                            I've never done four days sober in twenty years. I'm quite pleased with how it's going.

The Antabuse has helped by taken away the choice mind.

I had bacon, two eggs and some spinach leaves. Biggest meal I've I for four days.

Thanks lads.

Comment

so Sol, explain the name and the motivation behind this superb step you've chosen for yourself please ?

Comment

Working...
                              X