Heavy drinker

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Goldie View Post
    Well done, Sol! What an amazing accomplishment--keep it up, I'm rooting for you!
    Thank you goldie, all supportive comments help to reinforce my mental strength.
    Take care.
    FTM. I'm not biased, I hope everybody beats the mags!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sol blackcat View Post
      Scottish lad won Wimbledon, so Britain won too.
      What a boy, eh? Kept wondering if Djokovic was going to get back into it, but he seemed to have the same problems he'd had in earlier matches, just not getting the perfect finishing shots that Murray was. And straight sets in the end - I wasn't expecting that!

Watched the first set on the laptop with an earphone while also watching the Grand Prix on the telly with my father. How's that for multi-tasking? Nice how the whole country has responded. Monday was declared Murray Monday on Classic FM and they kept playing music dedicated to him.

Originally posted by Sol blackcat View Post
      I've been looking online for tips on weights. I'm going to do as much cardio as possible including walking.
      Gentle cardio is good. Remember Mark's 50% - 75% max heart rate advice? Lots of walking or gentle cycling, but remember to keep it easy. Also bear in mind he advises LHT (Lifting Heavy Things) a couple of times a week, not every day! But good move mate, getting the stuff cheap.

I've used my eliptical for 30mins or more, but only when I've got decent headphones connected to the TV !!

Had to look on calendar, it's 27 days now. It's getting easier day by day. I think I'm getting into a habit of not drinking rather than forcing myself not to drink. Nice one blue.
      Fantastic news, Sol. Yes, habits are the thing. Well done, mate!
      Me, My Father and The Alzheimer's - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread84213.html

Comment

• Hey Sol, I've been following this thread since the beginning and figured I'd finally chime in here. Just wanted to let you know you have a big time supporter out here in the state of Colorado, and that 1) I'm really pulling for you and 2) don't let me down!

I've spent quite a bit of time in the UK and really like most of it. Keep up the amazing progress!

Comment

• Hey Sol,
          just dropping by to say hi
          link to my journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread97129.html

Comment

• Originally posted by awok677 View Post
            Watched the first set on the laptop with an earphone while also watching the Grand Prix on the telly with my father. How's that for multi-tasking? Nice how the whole country has responded. Monday was declared Murray Monday on Classic FM and they kept playing music dedicated to him.

Good for Murray, he done himself proud.

Gentle cardio is good. Remember Mark's 50% - 75% max heart rate advice? Lots of walking or gentle cycling, but remember to keep it easy. Also bear in mind he advises LHT (Lifting Heavy Things) a couple of times a week, not every day! But good move mate, getting the stuff cheap.

I've used my eliptical for 30mins or more, but only when I've got decent headphones connected to the TV !!

Just gentle at the moment, building up gradually. Found a toppa barbell workout from a link posted in fitness on here. Going to follow that for four weeks.

Fantastic news, Sol. Yes, habits are the thing. Well done, mate!
            Thanks. Multi tasking: I could watch sunderland on the telly, come on Sunderland! Listen to the mags on the radio, hoping they get stuffed. FTM. Read the football echo and talk football all at the same time, and wonder why our lass wouldn't stay in and support the team. Women, eh!

Originally posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
            Hey Sol, I've been following this thread since the beginning and figured I'd finally chime in here. Just wanted to let you know you have a big time supporter out here in the state of Colorado, and that 1) I'm really pulling for you and 2) don't let me down!

I've spent quite a bit of time in the UK and really like most of it. Keep up the amazing progress!
            Thanks mate, won't let you down. Which part of UK did you not like? Bet it was scabby mag land otherwise known as newcastle.
            I deliberately didn't give them a capital N because they don't deserve it the bassas!

Originally posted by jacmac View Post
            Hey Sol,
            just dropping by to say hi
            Hey jac, how's the studying going and the food markets?

Comment

• Awok, some of my text has gone into your quote, haven't got a clue how I managed that. Yes I'm sober

Comment

• Still bloody wide awake, 21 hours after I woke up. It'll be 24-25 hours by time I feel tired. Then I'll probably sleep for 3-4 hours if I'm lucky, then repeat. This is what drove me to drink in the first place. So frustrating. I f&cki@g hate it.

Comment

Awok, some of my text has gone into your quote, haven't got a clue how I managed that. Yes I'm sober

If you want to split a quote into multiples (i.e. reply within the content of a longer quote, you need to add in extra beginning and end quote markers. End quote is easy - just type the /Quote in the square brackets where you want to 'break out' of the quote box. Then copy and paste the long beginning quote marker - quote=awok etc, including the square brackets at each end to the beginning of the next bit of text you want to be in a quote box.

Likewise, if you only want to respond to one part of a quote, you can edit out the irrelevant bits between the quote markers.
                  Me, My Father and The Alzheimer's - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread84213.html

Comment

If you want to split a quote into multiples (i.e. reply within the content of a longer quote, you need to add in extra beginning and end quote markers. End quote is easy - just type the /Quote in the square brackets where you want to 'break out' of the quote box. Then copy and paste the long beginning quote marker - quote=awok etc, including the square brackets at each end to the beginning of the next bit of text you want to be in a quote box.

Likewise, if you only want to respond to one part of a quote, you can edit out the irrelevant bits between the quote markers.
                    Im a bit lost with that awok, but I'll practice it and thanks.

Comment

Still bloody wide awake, 21 hours after I woke up. It'll be 24-25 hours by time I feel tired. Then I'll probably sleep for 3-4 hours if I'm lucky, then repeat. This is what drove me to drink in the first place. So frustrating. I f&cki@g hate it.
                      The first time I lost major weight (ages ago) it was mostly due to stress and loss of appetite, but I added in jogging every morning and I had loads of energy. I wasn't low carbing at that point. Anyway, having gone to bed at midnight, the cat started waking me up around 4.30am every morning to be let out and I was knackered after going back to bed for a couple more hours. I decided to just stay up and have a cuppa and start my day then. Well, what I discovered was that I did very well on about 4 - 4.5 hrs sleep. I did that for the best part of 18 months and can't now recall why I stopped, but I think it was more letting the habit slip rather than actually needing more sleep. It's hard to make yourself get up in the dark when the bed is warm and it's cold out, even if you know you'll feel better for it.

Hmmm, perhaps I need to see if I can get back to this.

Comment

Im a bit lost with that awok,
                        I decided to reply to this bit of your text, so I've stuck in 'end quote' marker after 'awok' - i.e. [/QUOTE]

then I want to reply to the next bit, so I copy and past the entire bit in square brackets, from the very beginning of the bit above, and put in at the front of the bit below ...

but I'll practice it and thanks.
                        So now what I'm saying in response to your quoted reply, is separated and easier for people to follow the 'conversation'. hope that helps.

Comment

The first time I lost major weight (ages ago) it was mostly due to stress and loss of appetite, but I added in jogging every morning and I had loads of energy. I wasn't low carbing at that point. Anyway, having gone to bed at midnight, the cat started waking me up around 4.30am every morning to be let out and I was knackered after going back to bed for a couple more hours. I decided to just stay up and have a cuppa and start my day then. Well, what I discovered was that I did very well on about 4 - 4.5 hrs sleep. I did that for the best part of 18 months and can't now recall why I stopped, but I think it was more letting the habit slip rather than actually needing more sleep. It's hard to make yourself get up in the dark when the bed is warm and it's cold out, even if you know you'll feel better for it.

I've been awake for 25 hours, my bodies tired but my mind is full on alert. It's like this every night.

Comment

• Glad you're sticking to it Sol and as for 25 hours awake, to hell with that I have a newborn and would literally murder someone just for a full nights sleep even if it is in a pissy police cell!

Comment

• Not been around much recently so just catching up here Sol...really well done, you're doing a grand job.

I'll bet you're a bit perplexed by all the new signings at SoL eh? Not sure who I'm going to recognise when the new season starts.

You have my sympathy with the sleep thing...I've slept badly for years and it seems to be getting worse. I've tried all the usual stuff - lifestyle changes, stress reduction techniques, making my bedroom just so...but nothing works. Trying some online CBT just now so we'll see if that has any impact.

Anyway, keep up the good work.

Comment

I can function on about 4 hours sleep, problem is I'd rather fall asleep at say midnight till 4 rather than 6, 7, or 8 in the morning when it's time to be getting up anyway.

Originally posted by awok677 View Post
                                I decided to reply to this bit of your text, so I've stuck in 'end quote' marker after 'awok' - i.e.
                                then I want to reply to the next bit, so I copy and past the entire bit in square brackets, from the very beginning of the bit above, and put in at the front of the bit below ...

So now what I'm saying in response to your quoted reply, is separated and easier for people to follow the 'conversation'. hope that helps.[/QUOTE]

Nope, you might as well have told your cat. hope it's a black cat.. I'll try.

Originally posted by AlexRobson View Post
                                Glad you're sticking to it Sol and as for 25 hours awake, to hell with that I have a newborn and would literally murder someone just for a full nights sleep even if it is in a pissy police cell!
                                Congrats on fatherhood. Murder eh, there's a fella up the road goes by the name Alan pardew. Make it nasty!

Originally posted by spuggygirl View Post
                                Not been around much recently so just catching up here Sol...really well done, you're doing a grand job.

I'll bet you're a bit perplexed by all the new signings at SoL eh? Not sure who I'm going to recognise when the new season starts.

You have my sympathy with the sleep thing...I've slept badly for years and it seems to be getting worse. I've tried all the usual stuff - lifestyle changes, stress reduction techniques, making my bedroom just so...but nothing works. Trying some online CBT just now so we'll see if that has any impact.

Anyway, keep up the good work.
                                Its all go at sol, jack colback wants to be away now. It's an awful thing insomnia, although it was made easier by watching that shower of ***** last season. Di canio is a massive gamble, but one I'm willing to take. I think he may come good. The sky money this season is phenomenal and we can't afford to be relegated. 17 th again would suit me for one more season.

Good luck with sleep. Did you notice my avatar?

Comment

Working...
                                X