No announcement yet.

Heavy drinker

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So it sounds like the diet thing is really going forward as well. The beer belly must be vanishing quick.
    But it is a big change socially, no doubt. What's up with the sleeping? Once that starts to work you won't want to be out so much in the evenings.

I'm going great. Been very busy at work and getting ready for an early night tonight.

Congrats on the 17 days--the first month is the hardest and you've really been a brick.
    Last edited by missblue; 06-28-2013, 07:03 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by missblue View Post
      So it sounds like the diet thing is really going forward as well. The beer belly must be vanishing quick.
      But it is a big change socially, no doubt. What's up with the sleeping? Once that starts to work you won't want to be out so much in the evenings.

I'm going great. Been very busy at work and getting ready for an early night tonight.

Congrats on the 17 days--the first month is the hardest and you've really been a brick.

Diet is perfect, wonder if I'm eating enough though, a meal every 24 hours. Must lose weight as quickly as possible for my return to work. Belly is shrinking too.

Thanks blue, have a pleasant evening.
      FTM. I'm not biased, I hope everybody beats the mags!

Comment

• Sol, I've been lurking in your journal since the beginning, and I just wanted to add my support to your efforts to quit drinking.

My original father (Mom divorced him when I was 14) was alcoholic and abusive. After I turned 18 I didn't speak to him for over 25 years... when I finally did it was because he was dying from cirrhosis of the liver. He never could acknowledge that he had a problem and never stopped drinking.

You're doing a good thing. From what I have seen, it's probably one of the hardest things for anyone to do. I admire your strength and congratulate you on your success. Keep it up--you're doing the right thing.

Comment

• http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ad.php?t=88277

Just saw your thread and thought you might be interested in this one for support

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
          True freedom is the ability to live in a way that is all life giving, not clouded by anything that contaminates body, spirit, or mind.

My journey: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread86444.html;)

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldie View Post
            Sol, I've been lurking in your journal since the beginning, and I just wanted to add my support to your efforts to quit drinking.

My original father (Mom divorced him when I was 14) was alcoholic and abusive. After I turned 18 I didn't speak to him for over 25 years... when I finally did it was because he was dying from cirrhosis of the liver. He never could acknowledge that he had a problem and never stopped drinking.

You're doing a good thing. From what I have seen, it's probably one of the hardest things for anyone to do. I admire your strength and congratulate you on your success. Keep it up--you're doing the right thing.
            Hi goldie.

Sorry to hear your story and thanks for the support.

All the best.

Originally posted by PrimalFreedom View Post
            ready to give up weekday drinking? | Mark's Daily Apple Health and Fitness Forum page

Just saw your thread and thought you might be interested in this one for support

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Thanks primal.

See post 19 on your thread.

Good luck fella.

Comment

• Hi everyone. Every post I've made is stored on my profile page. How do I delete them please?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sol blackcat View Post
                Hi everyone. Every post I've made is stored on my profile page. How do I delete them please?
                hi Sol, I don't think you can.
                When I'd had enough of the grain and starched based 'diabetic eating for health' diet (eating for health, my ass!) my weight was 242.5 lbs. On starting primal- 18th April 2013 weight : 238.1.
                27th July 2013. weight after 100 days 136.9 weight lost 101.2lb ; that's 105.6lbs since I stopped the 'diabetic eating for health'
                new journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1264082

Comment

• Oh, ok. Thanks carbs

Comment

• I've had throbbing toothache all night and getting it extracted in two hours. I'm dreading it.
                    Any stories? Including horror stories. One hour and 58 mins now

Comment

• Good luck on the tooth! Hope by the time you read this you are feeling much better and out of pain.
                      Breathe. Move forward.

I just eat what I want...

Comment

• Originally posted by Sol blackcat View Post
                        I've had throbbing toothache all night and getting it extracted in two hours. I'm dreading it.
                        Any stories? Including horror stories. One hour and 58 mins now
                        tooth will be out by now i'd imagine so youll be feeling better i hope but maybe a bit sore. I had an emergency extraction a couple of Saturdays ago due to a tooth that fractured straight through. I've been doing this very low carb ketogenic diet and much as I'd like to say it was on a bone it was actually on an orange skittle-the husband was eating a packet and threw me an orange skittle (my favourite). like the highly talented individual I am I caught it between my teeth but when I bit on the bugger 1/3 tooth sheared off and 1/3 folded sideways- a big mess
                        Last edited by CarbDodger; 06-30-2013, 10:47 AM.
                        When I'd had enough of the grain and starched based 'diabetic eating for health' diet (eating for health, my ass!) my weight was 242.5 lbs. On starting primal- 18th April 2013 weight : 238.1.
                        27th July 2013. weight after 100 days 136.9 weight lost 101.2lb ; that's 105.6lbs since I stopped the 'diabetic eating for health'
                        new journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1264082

Comment

• Originally posted by excursivey View Post
                          Good luck on the tooth! Hope by the time you read this you are feeling much better and out of pain.
                          Cheers ex.

Originally posted by CarbDodger View Post
                          tooth will be out by now i'd imagine so youll be feeling better i hope but maybe a bit sore. I had an emergency extraction a couple of Saturdays ago due to a tooth that fractured straight through. I've been doing this very low carb ketogenic diet and much as I'd like to say it was on a bone it was actually on an orange skittle-the husband was eating a packet and threw me an orange skittle (my favourite). like the highly talented individual I am I caught it between my teeth but when I bit on the bugger 1/3 tooth sheared off and 1/3 folded sideways- a big mess

Blimey carbs, that's a bit unlucky. If he threw a red one you probably would have missed it.

Back now from dentist. Wouldn't remove tooth because of abscess, got antibiotics and it's already much better.

A dozen or so people in waiting room all with chins resting in palms with the look of terror on their faces.

Comment

• Hey Sol,

Sorry to hear about the tooth! Dentist give me the heebie-jeebies too. I take garlic oil pearles (just from the supermarket) which help clear up infections too.

Just a thought- with your diet, are you choosing to eat once a day b/c you aren't hungry? Weight loss?
                            I know there is a lot of info on this site about Intermittent Fasting, and while Im sure it works, just go easy on your body- it'll be adjusting to not having booze in the system so you dont want to add in any other stressors.

The weight will fall off fast enough I'm sure!

Comment

• Originally posted by heatherp View Post
                              Hey Sol,

Sorry to hear about the tooth! Dentist give me the heebie-jeebies too. I take garlic oil pearles (just from the supermarket) which help clear up infections too.

Just a thought- with your diet, are you choosing to eat once a day b/c you aren't hungry? Weight loss?
                              I know there is a lot of info on this site about Intermittent Fasting, and while Im sure it works, just go easy on your body- it'll be adjusting to not having booze in the system so you dont want to add in any other stressors.

The weight will fall off fast enough I'm sure!

Much better now, thanks.
                              One meal a day, not hungry at all. Probably because the food I am eating is nutritious and heavy on protein apposed to the junk I used to eat.

Weight loss is my main concern and can't wait to start exercising, probably tomorrow. I thought I would of had to replace the empty calories from beer but i just don't feel hungry. Lucky me!

I'm losing quickly from all over, wish I could focus on belly but I know that it doesn't work that way.

Thanks Heath.

Comment

• Hi Sol;
                                I was away for the weekend (really just offline and resting after a tough few weeks at work) but am back and sorry to hear about your tooth.
                                I'm a total chickenshit at the dentist and beg for both laughing gas and a shot so that I could care less what they're doing when the moment comes. That is my non-brave, non-drugfree suggestion. I've endured serious burns, multiple fractures (I used to train horses) and other pain fairly well. Go figure.
                                It's great you are losing so fast. When you said you were eating one meal a day I was a little concerned you were getting enough calories. Even if you aren't hungry, maybe some "bullet-proof" coffee / tea might be a good way to sneak in some fuel which your body will burn without turning to fat, especially if you're exercising.

The tooth reminds me of the swollen throat / glands I had the first two months when I stopped drinking. It was detox city and I had plenty to process. Do you think it might be something like that, or was it already in the making? You will need some probiotics after the antibiotics to keep the flora happy in the gut, but having the tooth out will most likely feel great after all that pain. I have also heard about people who fast sometimes getting symptoms like mouth abscesses, boils, etc. as the body gets stuff out as fast as possible. The accounts mention that sometimes the tooth heals and there is no problem after the toxins are expelled. I'm not saying this is what is going on, but it is interesting and given my own body's response to detoxing it doesn't seem so far-fetched. Just food for thought. . .

You'll be at the "one month" milestone soon and that is truly something to be proud of. I also think you will notice things get a bit easier as the habits start to form and your body really gets down to healing itself. About a month in it started to dawn on me that this major life change was a real possibility and something I could actually control. That was an amazing moment. I had always thought I was "doomed" to drink based on genetics and long-term lifestyle choices I had made. It ain't so, is it?

So, now that you are feeling good enough to exercise, please tell us about the green way you are near--I hear England has many such places for public use and I'd like to know more about how they work if you don't mind.

thanks for the note
                                blue
                                Last edited by missblue; 06-30-2013, 08:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X