No announcement yet.

Hello! + Acne Question...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My skin improved a lot going primal, but it still isn't perfect. Dairy doesn't affect me (I'm Scandinavian fyi). I tend to have one pimple all the time (not cystic) and I also have some hyperpigmentation. I don't know how to get baby skin so I've settled for my current situation. One thing that I directly linked to an increase in breakouts was cheap supermarket multivitamin (I have no issues with my current one from iherb).

Comment

Dairy doesn't seem to affect me one way or t'other... although I've always used full-fat in that regard and buy organic in all cases. Not much of a milk drinker these days, but I like my cheese & yogurt.

One point of interest to Primal folk--I seem to be allergic to almonds. When I started eating them daily last spring, I promptly broke out in large, painful cysts all around my mouth. Took me about 6 monts of eliminating foods--including milk, which made no change--to figure out the culprit.

Ginger & cardamom also appear to be triggers for me, although not as severe.

Comment

I'll second that about the fluoride. Switching toothpastes helped me a LOT. I think when I moved to my new town, the water/fluoride concentration was higher and it was too much for me.

Comment

Originally posted by taihuibabe View Post
          One point of interest to Primal folk--I seem to be allergic to almonds. When I started eating them daily last spring, I promptly broke out in large, painful cysts all around my mouth. Took me about 6 monts of eliminating foods--including milk, which made no change--to figure out the culprit.
          I'm kind of curious about this. How were the almonds prepared? Raw almonds contain cyanides that can be fairly toxic, in addition to phytates.

Comment

My skin is better, overall. But i have some bumps on my forehead. It seems like I read in MDA that this might relate to increased testosterone. I haven't really added anything to my diet except sometimes frying in virgin coconut oil. I get lots of vitamin D3, usually 10,000 IU. Someone mentioned zinc, so I am taking it (+copper) too.
            Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Comment

Interesting about the fluoride in toothpaste. Would explain why I seem to have a big zit on my chin all the time. Will try brushing my teeth with baking soda to see if that helps.

Since eating primally over a month ago, my skin has cleared up immensely and yes, I do eat dairy.
              Georgette

Comment

ordinary ol' Blue Diamond almonds... deluxe mixed nuts (roasted and salted) from Whole Foods... slivered almonds for baking... Pamela's gluten-free bake mix... Bob's Red Mill almond meal.... any and all, apparently. Looking back I can see it was an accumulated sensitivity; I'd eaten mixed nuts almost daily for about four years, and I'd had my suspicions before.

Comment

Originally posted by Pandadude View Post
                  My skin improved a lot going primal, but it still isn't perfect. Dairy doesn't affect me (I'm Scandinavian fyi). I tend to have one pimple all the time (not cystic) and I also have some hyperpigmentation. I don't know how to get baby skin so I've settled for my current situation. One thing that I directly linked to an increase in breakouts was cheap supermarket multivitamin (I have no issues with my current one from iherb).
                  Yeah, I've noticed some issues with the multivitamins, too.

Comment

How about acne scars? I've had terrible acne in the past and was a frequent picker. Has anyone had luck reducing scarring through natural methods?
                    Type 1 Diabetic. Controlling blood sugar through primal life.

2012 Goals:
                    Maintain A1c of 6.0 or lower
                    More dietary fat, less carbs, moderate protein
                    LHT and sprint as per PB fitness
                    Play more!

Comment

Working...
                    X