Tried primal pancakes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tried primal pancakes

Ick is all I can say! I was really hoping these would satisfy my need for "normal" food. They were very dry. I think I will try the coconut pancakes next time or thought about doing less almond meal and adding some coconut milk for a little sweetness. Trial and error, I will keep trying!

Natalie

1 large banana + 2 Large eggs in the blender & Bzzzzt.
    Cook in whatever fat of choice (I preffer duck fat)
    I make them small pancakes (3 or 4 in a flat iron griddle pan)

Nom away.
    Really the best pancakes ever, my hubby is addicted to them
    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

I will definitely give them a try, I love bananas and so does my daughter!! Thanks so much!

Comment

Cinnamon and vanilla are great additions to the banana batter. These pancakes have become staples in my house. They're surprisingly delicious cooked in pepper bacon grease.

Comment

DinoHunter- Any other recipes you recommend?

Comment

Thanks Patti! I added these to the almond meal pancakes but the almonds overpowered it for sure!!

Comment

I keep almond meal and pecan meal on hand but find I rarely use them because I'd rather eat the nut than the meal usually. Good luck in finding the proportions that your family enjoys!

Comment

DD loves the banana pancakes. We do 1 med banana to 1 large egg, and add apple pie spice. I dip it up with a silverware tablespoon, ie keep them small in the pan. They are more akin to crepes, but delish nonetheless.
                I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Comment

Last time I wanted to make banana chocolate chip pancakes, I ended up just poaching the bananas in maple syrup and melting chocolate over them.

Comment

Originally posted by DinoHunter View Post
                    1 large banana + 2 Large eggs in the blender & Bzzzzt.
                    Cook in whatever fat of choice (I preffer duck fat)
                    I make them small pancakes (3 or 4 in a flat iron griddle pan)

Nom away.
                    Really the best pancakes ever, my hubby is addicted to them
                    Those are bananna crepes, very delicious. I add a little cinnamon

Comment

I enjoy this version. Nice and fluffy.

4 eggs, room temperature
                      1 cup half & half or coconut milk (full fat)
                      2 teaspoons vanilla extract
                      1 tablespoon honey
                      1/2 cup coconut flour
                      1 teaspoon baking soda
                      1/4 teaspoon kosher salt

coconut oil or butter, for frying.

In a small bowl, beat eggs vigorously until frothy, about 2 minutes. Mix in milk, vanilla, and honey.

In a medium-sized bowl, combine the dry ingredients (coconut flour, baking soda, salt).

Stir the wet mixture into the dry; mix WELL. There is no need to worry about over-beating with coconut flour. Allow to sit for at least 5 minutes. Batter should be really thick, like brownie batter.

Comment

Originally posted by silentmercy View Post
                        Those are bananna crepes, very delicious. I add a little cinnamon
                        Nope, definitely pancakes... they wouldn't stick together if you spread them thin enough for crepes..
                        Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

Comment

Originally posted by NATLES View Post
                          DinoHunter- Any other recipes you recommend?
                          Depends on what you like.. theres a couple recipes (Bone marrow custard & chili con carne) on my blog that I keep meaning to update more often.. link is in my siggi line

Comment

http://primaljourney.blogspot.com/20...epes.html?m=1#!

Comment

Gonna try this tomorrow! 2 eggs, a banana, and maybe some flavoring...what could be simpler?

Comment

Working...
                              X