Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Love Primal but No Weight Loss After 2 Mos.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shoshanamaria View Post
    Well I can only speak from my own experience but I think the intense crossfit exercises are too much for your body when your just beginning to get into shape . Your body is so complex - and it is mostly ran by chemicals in your brain responding to stimuli. If you are sending the message that you are in stress by working it too much , then it will respond accordingly. You will probably keep building muscle , but I bet you will sustain your fat as well. It is the body's defense mechanism. from my own personal experience , my weight drops when I'm stress free and consistently moving my body and giving it time to recuperate . Maybe you could try to continue the workouts but drop the level if intensity ? Give yourself adequate rest time as well. Sleep as much as necessary .
    I'm sure you're right about that, but as for my particular situation, I don't think it really applies. I may be a newbie to primal living, but not to fitness and exercise. I've been swimming/biking/running for years - weight lifting on and off - and I already have a fairly strong general fitness level. Even my trainer now is impressed with my strength and how quickly I'm making progress. It just might not be the kind of progress in terms of midriff fat cells that I'd like! But bit by bit, I suppose.

All that said, I am trying to get plenty of downtime and rest on the days I don't train - just walk, bike, or an easy swim. Also, thanks Fiercehunter, for the other suggestions.

cheers!
    ybr

Comment

Originally posted by yellowbrickroad369 View Post
      Hi all!

I've been eating primal for 2 mos. now and definitely love how it makes me feel, the ease of it, and the fact that I don't feel deprived. I've fallen 'off the wagon' a couple of times here and there but mostly I don't find it hard to stick to. However...I'm frustrated. I've been eating this way, plus working with a trainer doing what is essentially CrossFit 2 x week, plus either biking, sprinting, running or swimming usually 3 other days, for the past 2 months and I've basically lost NO weight!!! (lost 5 lbs. initially, then it came back)

Granted, I do not have a lot to lose. I'm 47, 5'9" and 150 lbs. Except for most of my life, except the past 10 years (before my son was born), I was a stable 135 lbs, which is where I want to get back to. Hell, I'd be happy with a strong 140 at this point.

I know I'm getting stronger, which feels great, and I know muscle weighs more than fat -- but how much more? I've put the scale away and tried not to think about. But my clothes don't fit any differently than they did 2 months ago. And I just can't budget this tire of fat around my waist!! I've scoured some of the other threads on here started by people frustrated by same situation. But I don't have any insurance now so I can't afford a trip to the doc for expensive glucose or thyroid tests. I'm just going to have to figure it out on my own.

So if this resonates with anyone else and you want to compare notes, please give me a shout!

Signed,
      Frustrated in Ohio
      Read this article

http://athlete.io/5343/why-women-should-not-run/

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

How many calories and carbs are you eating?

Comment

The main reason we put fat on is to see us through the lean (literally) days when it's too snowy to get out of the cave, or the Caribou haven't arrived yet and the berry season is over, or the men come home empty handed from the hunt. Once you are settled in and comfortable maybe try intermittent fasting - 5:2 plan or similar?

Comment

Originally posted by glantern620 View Post
            Read this article

Why Women Should Not Run

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
            Thanks for the article! I don't need any convincing to give up running. Though I hope swimming 2-3 times a week is considered acceptable because that IS truly pleasurable, for me anyway. But I'll check out that site further.

Comment

Originally posted by Seashel087 View Post
              How many calories and carbs are you eating?
              I got tired of counting and gave up. But at last count it was somewhere around 1700-1800 per day and was keeping 'good' carbs under 100g. I've since started allowing myself a few more wheat free carbs, ie, rice crackers or a few roasted potatoes or yams, because I don't think the total carb deprivation was helping me. I'm now down to 145 lbs. at last weigh in but trying to mostly keep the scale in the closet and not obsess about it anymore.

Comment

Working...
              X