Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

new to Paleo and wondering when my fake hunger will go away!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new to Paleo and wondering when my fake hunger will go away!

Hi All
    Just starting out on my Paleo journey. I've been reading about it and talking to people who do it and finally starting to do it myself. I have a question though. I ate a big salad with all green veggies, egg, avocado, almonds and oil & vinegar. About 10 minutes after finishing my body was screaming for chocolate. Why does this happen and how long till it subsides???

How long have you been on the diet? Days? A week or so?
    Whether you're easing into it or going cold turkey, it'll take a while for those cravings to end. It's different for everybody, but most people say stick it out for 20-30 days.
    Also, if you're eating a lot of sweet things (honey-sweetened primal desserts) those cravings may take longer to banish. And if you have a weekend where you just eat whatever, they may come back, but those you can usually squash in a day or so. GOOD LUCK KEEP AT IT!!!

Comment

it took about 2 weeks for me. it does get easier. i still occasionally crave something unhealthy but its not hunger so its easier to ignore
      When I'd had enough of the grain and starched based 'diabetic eating for health' diet (eating for health, my ass!) my weight was 242.5 lbs. On starting primal- 18th April 2013 weight : 238.1.
      27th July 2013. weight after 100 days 136.9 weight lost 101.2lb ; that's 105.6lbs since I stopped the 'diabetic eating for health'
      new journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1264082

Comment

Working...
      X