My mind has been blown

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My mind has been blown

I stumbled upon this site while researching the pair of Vibram FiveFingers I am going to purchase later this evening. My mind exploded.

I have been sugar free, though I do use honey instead (sugar makes me lethargic, sluggish and tired) for many years with a diet absent of processed and refined foods. I love meat and nuts and eat a lot of protein (tuna, whey, chicken and beef) to supplement my anaerobic workouts. Snacks consist of seeds, dried fruit and vegetables.

While I do eat complex carbs (grapenuts, pasta) usually it is out of laziness and time commitments. This primal movement (and Mark & his wife's bodies) is enough to motivate me further.

I feel like my personal modus operandi for healthy living has been triumphed by so many other people! It is a hugely motivational to want to go further! And also a great sense of pride to keep me on my track.

side story- I work in a company whose owner is vegan. We have a stocked kitchen with free all-vegan food. twice a week we are catered soups and salds or wraps. (a great benefit no doubt). However a few months after the change to all vegan was annnounced I had lost almost 15 lbs (that I don't really have to lose) and didn't have enough energy to go to the gym after work. My body was lacking in power and when I did have the energy for anarobic I was not getting the protein intake to rebuild my muscles. Essentially I was wasting energy and losing muscle.

I have since reversed the trend. This makes me feel happier knowing there is evidence suggesting I am not alone in my nutritional mores.

26, m Denver,co
    ad astra per aspera

Welcome FastCat! Glad you've decided to join us!
    www.primalfreedom.blogspot.com

If a man has the right to self-ownership, to the control of his life, then in the real world he must also have the right to sustain his life by grappling with and transforming resources; he must be able to own the ground and the resources on which he stands and which he must use. In short, to sustain his human right. - Murray Rothbard

Comment

indeed, welcome!
      And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the wind longs to play with your hair
      Kahlil Gibran

http://simplesunshine.wordpress.com

Comment

Working...
      X