No announcement yet.

New guy checking in... kinda wordy.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great story, inspiring. I'm just starting primal WOE but I've been fit using many of the same things as you, p90x, running, hiking. Recently started lifting heavy using Stronglifts 5 x 5. There is a free app. Very easy program, easier to me than the Starting Strength book, but I own that as well and it is a great reference for form. Stronglifts is 3 exercises per workout, and you increase the weight lifted by 5 lbs each session. I have a broken foot right now so I cant lift or run, boo- but while on the Stronglifts program I was able to progress from squatting 25 lbs to 110 in a little over a month, deadlift from 45 to 165, bench press went from 35 to 75 (I'm a woman) I'm looking forward to incorporating Stronglifts with the rest of my PB fitness program. The program is free and online, no books, but YouTube videos for instructions are available. The guy who runs it squats about 400 lbs at 165 lbs, and used to be skinny fat. It works.

Comment

Originally posted by gregorsa View Post
      Great story, inspiring. I'm just starting primal WOE but I've been fit using many of the same things as you, p90x, running, hiking. Recently started lifting heavy using Stronglifts 5 x 5. There is a free app. Very easy program, easier to me than the Starting Strength book, but I own that as well and it is a great reference for form. Stronglifts is 3 exercises per workout, and you increase the weight lifted by 5 lbs each session. I have a broken foot right now so I cant lift or run, boo- but while on the Stronglifts program I was able to progress from squatting 25 lbs to 110 in a little over a month, deadlift from 45 to 165, bench press went from 35 to 75 (I'm a woman) I'm looking forward to incorporating Stronglifts with the rest of my PB fitness program. The program is free and online, no books, but YouTube videos for instructions are available. The guy who runs it squats about 400 lbs at 165 lbs, and used to be skinny fat. It works.
      That is awesome that you are lifting heavy! I think I finally have my wife convinced to give it a shot as well.
      The above should be viewed as complete and utter nonsense.

Comment

Originally posted by aliphian View Post
        Update...

We've been climbing about 2 times per week and have started walking in the mornings now (it is usually over 100 degrees after work). I picked up Starting Strength and I am planning on starting my lifting program in the next couple or weeks, I just want to read some more first.

I suppose it will be time to start a journal at that time. I'll link it here in case anybody is interested.
        Yes, start a journal and link. How can I not follow someone with a Spidey icon!

Well done on joining the climbing gym, something I've never done. As a kid I was all into the climbing - trees, rocks, beach cliffs etc. Maybe something I'll think about for the future.
        Me, My Father and The Alzheimer's - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread84213.html

Comment

Working...
        X