No announcement yet.

When does weight loss begin?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I recommend ditching the shakes and eating real food all the time. If you are hungry and must eat in the morning, then save some leftovers from the night before. If you're not hungry, there's no need to eat.

Reminder - this is not a diet. Its a lifestyle. Eat for optimal health. Let a healthy size/shape be a result of optimal health.
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

Comment

May I suggest Intermittent Fasting. I have been Primal for 5 months and lost 15-16 lbs. That's when my weight plateaued. For 7 weeks the scale did not move. As soon as I did IF, I lost 2.5 lbs in one week! Maybe a good way for you to do it is skip breakfast, eat lunch, then skip dinner since you said you don't normally eat in the evening. Do that 2 days a week and then check the scale. Read all of Mark's articles Why Fast? and other Intermittent Fasting articles. The health benefits sound amazing and perhaps it would help you with eczema and psorriasis. Good luck and Grok On!

Comment

Thank you all so much for your help. I really appreciate it. I had a bad sugar binge this evening so have to knock that on the head again. The IF sounds good so I'll give it a try and let you know how I get on. I think you are right about the protein shakes too. Thanks again!

Comment

Weight loss will begin when you stop having bad sugar binges. Bad sugar binges will stop when you are properly nourished with real food. Choking down raw eggs and protein shakes is counterproductive. Savour tender juicy meat, flavourful veges, genuine butter, omelettes, primal waffles. A few yummy nuts and a little delicious dark chocolate. Eat real primal meals that you enjoy and taste good and fill you up. The rest will follow.
          Last edited by Annieh; 03-05-2013, 03:23 PM.
          Annie Ups the Ante
          http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

Easy healthy weight loss can only come when you have your thinking in line with your diet and exercise routine. The problem many people face and why so many people feel that weight loss is so challenging is because they spend all of their energy learning how to eat and exercise right but spend little or no energy working on the thing that will guarantee their positive results - their thinking.

Comment

I understand because I also believe, (theoretically,because I can't seem to do it in practice) in the law of attraction. My mind is constantly thinking about my weight no matter what. I'm going to try listening to my body and what it wants. I got up this morning and haven't eaten yet as I'm not hungry. I did take my supplements,Vit D, Flaxseed oil and multi vit. I feel really tired all the time too so I hope that improves as my primal lifestyle does. Appreciate all the advice and comments.

Comment

Forgot to say I felt really awful last night after sugar binge. My heart was racing, I felt nauseous and had a headache so I'm going to try and remember how I felt next time I think I want sugar!

Comment

I start calorie counting and doing high intensity interval training when I want to lose fat. If I don't lose at least 2 lbs per week I decrease my calorie intake by 150 until it starts coming off. You need experiment a bit with this. Counting calories is annoying at first but if you do it diligently for a few weeks you begin to get an intuitive idea of what foods have how many calories. I also convert my calories to grams so I can read food labels easier.

Comment

check marks post of today, it is about weight loss stalling

Comment

I'd be questioning the protein shake (they can have all sorts of other stuff in them), the dairy products, and maybe even the banana (some people say starchy fruits and vegetables can stall weight loss).

Comment

Originally posted by louisem View Post
                        Forgot to say I felt really awful last night after sugar binge. My heart was racing, I felt nauseous and had a headache so I'm going to try and remember how I felt next time I think I want sugar!
                        Yes, it's an unpleasant experience but a helpful lesson. I'm sure we've all had a number of those,

Be encouraged that you are learning to make the connection between what you put into your body and the response it gives you.

Now's the time to see how it can respond to a steady input of veges, eggs, meat and other wholesome foods.

Good luck.
                        Annie Ups the Ante

Comment

Thanks again Annie.

Comment

I have read some more posts and everyone seems to have lost loads of weight. I haven't touched grains or processed food for 7 weeks and I haven't lost anything. It is so disheartening. I think I have thyroid problems but I'm so fed up with trying to lose weight. Sorry for the moan but I'm just in that mood at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by louisem View Post
                              I have read some more posts and everyone seems to have lost loads of weight. I haven't touched grains or processed food for 7 weeks and I haven't lost anything. It is so disheartening. I think I have thyroid problems but I'm so fed up with trying to lose weight. Sorry for the moan but I'm just in that mood at the moment.
                              You have still done yourself a favour by getting rid of those items from your diet. Not many people around you will have done that for seven weeks straight, so be proud of yourself.

And to put things in perspective, the people around here who haven't lost weight probably haven't posted about it either. Keep up the good decisions, take care of yourself with some healthy food and movement, and you will look back one day and see how far you've come.

I'm off to make myself an omelette for breakfast. Catch you later.
                              Annie Ups the Ante

Comment

Thank you yet again Annie. I know I'm stressed all the time too so that doesn't help. I just feel that there is some button I'm not pressing and as soon as I discover it, I will lose weight. And I'm so sick of thinking about it all the time. Hopefully it will be a better day tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                                X