8 Days In and 3 LBS Gone!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8 Days In and 3 LBS Gone!

Hi everyone. I am a carboholic. No. That's not right. I USED to be. Okay so I have only been at this for 8 days and the need to cheat has not been there. So far no carb flu. I focus on what I can have and refuse to think about what I can't have. I do not slow down in the dangerous sections of the grocery store. Eyes up...I am on a mission. I have my friend Steve to thank for this journey I am now on. I prayed for God to help me overcome my obsessive sweet tooth. I told him I did not have the willpower to fix it and I really needed his intervention. Next thing I know I am sitting beside Steve at a company gathering and he shares his 'new' way of eating and how WONDERFUL he feels. Without knowing quite why or how, I am just doing it. Steve and I text foodie pictures everyday (I admit his looks much prettier than mine). It has become a fun thing. We both bought some new 'special' plates and bowls to make our meals look more interesting and I am telling you it is working.

Some background. I never really had a major weight issue. Gained some weight with my daughter and never made it back to pre-pregnancy completely, but pretty close. I was comfortable in my skin if not in a bikini. Very active in my youth, and always somewhat active over the years. Then came my 40's. Well, not exactly fair. I was on a summer job in New Orleans after Katrina, in charge of air & mold sampling for 3 months and they not only paid us well, they gave us $40 a day per diem for meals. Well, there you go. Gained a lot of weight that summer eating out everyday. Never regained control of that no matter what I've tried and it has been a lot. Personal trainer, YMCA membership, Weight Watchers which resulted in about 15 lbs lost of the the 60-70 lbs. gained. I am self-employed and my business can get crazy sometimes so I quit exercising in December and could never 'make' myself get going again, therefore I gained back all I lost.

8 days ago I started this new way of eating. I don't think about food all of the time. I am less hungry. I have lost 3 lbs. and just KNOW this is the way it is supposed to be. The garbage in our food is killing people. I am so excited about the possibilities. I am not really telling anyone what I am doing. Just waiting for the results to speak for themselves. Oh, and my husband is down 5 lbs. this week. Men!

Welcome to our busy bustling community. I hope it goes well for you and you have great success.
    "When the search for truth is confused with political advocacy, the pursuit of knowledge is reduced to the quest for power." - Alston Chase

Comment

Working...
    X