• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Canada

Your location: Canada

Age (If you want):39

How Primal are you:very

Do you consume dairy:no (was having liquid whipping cream in coffee on winds)

Do you drink coffee or teanly on Sat. And Sun.

Motivator for switching to Primal: weight loss but had already cut out wheat bc of stomach issues

Favorite exercise: TRX class

Favorite Primal food: bacon

Best part about being Primal:great energy

Worst part about being Primal:have to shop in a few places

Is eating Primal hard in Winnipeg? I'm in Edmonton and have found grass-fed and grass-finished beef, but its a pain to source and its expensive.

Good luck.
    "It's a great life, if you don't weaken.". John Buchan

Comment

Originally posted by itchy166 View Post
      Is eating Primal hard in Winnipeg? I'm in Edmonton and have found grass-fed and grass-finished beef, but its a pain to source and its expensive.

Good luck.
      I live in Calgary and I find it pretty hard, and also out of my university student budget I buy organic produce when it's on sale or comparatively priced, but otherwise I have to settle for inorganic everything.

Comment

Nice city Calgary. You probably have more options than Edmonton.

I don't really worry about organic vegetables at this time, maybe I will change my mind, but its not like I'm eating an huge amount of them anyway.

I AM concerned about antibiotics, growth hormones, and the omega profile of the meat I eat though.

There are a few grass-finished farms around the province, so far I've tried TK Ranch's beef. Its good, and I'm thginking I will order a side of beef from them.

Cheers
        "It's a great life, if you don't weaken.". John Buchan

Comment

Eat Wild seems to have a lot of Canadian options for Alberta. As a wannabe Canadian (looking at the Calgary area a few years down the road), sustainable farming was one of the first things I looked at. Some of the prices seem outrageous to me (I just reserved 1/4 beef for $2.75/lb here in Washington State), but anything below $7/lb seems reasonable to me. Might not be do-able for some, but it seems like Alberta is teeming with healthy farms.
          "The grand essentials of happiness are: something to do, something to love and something to hope for." - Allan K. Chalmers (1759-1834)

Comment

Working...
          X