Lala70 Primal Journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi lala!

Congratulations to your daughter on her placing in competition! I have four girls, myself. And to YOU for winning vs. the hot dogs!

Just started to read your journal - Absolutely wonderful to have a husband-wife team committed to this. Mine is nominally Primal - I cook that way, so he eats that way... but he tries when out on week-long business trips, and it is showing positively for him.

Yeah, I am that chick from over on your husband's journal going on about fracking... But it is so very nice to talk to someone sane in the industry, because here it has been all about how deep can the bullshit go, so I intend to wear him out a little more on the topic.

I did a Whole30 October '12 - the lack of dairy nearly killed me, but it was good for me. Are you sure you are ready for that step so soon? Hope today is a good one!
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Comment

Hi there and thanks for the congrats on my daughter!
      I am basically doing the whole 30 right now (I think).I have cut out grains,sugar and dairy withe the exception of butter.The only thing is the dreaded weakness for protein shakes ( I prefer to drink my breakfast ). The scales are my other issue ( I can't seem to quit weighing myself daily)!
      Originally posted by Crabbcakes View Post
      Hi lala!

Congratulations to your daughter on her placing in competition! I have four girls, myself. And to YOU for winning vs. the hot dogs!

Just started to read your journal - Absolutely wonderful to have a husband-wife team committed to this. Mine is nominally Primal - I cook that way, so he eats that way... but he tries when out on week-long business trips, and it is showing positively for him.

Yeah, I am that chick from over on your husband's journal going on about fracking... But it is so very nice to talk to someone sane in the industry, because here it has been all about how deep can the bullshit go, so I intend to wear him out a little more on the topic.

I did a Whole30 October '12 - the lack of dairy nearly killed me, but it was good for me. Are you sure you are ready for that step so soon? Hope today is a good one!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Comment

Hi All,

Well yesterday marked 4 weeks of 100% primal! I weighed myself this morning and I am at 141.8 (I started at 148.3).I have to say I am a little disappointed, I thought I would be down a little more then that in 4 weeks after giving up grains,dairy,sugar and alcohol. I thought with just not having drinks for a month that I would be down more then that ( I drank quite a bit,usually 3 nights a week).The only thing I can think is that protein shakes might be stalling me. I usually have one protein shake in the morning mixed with coconut milk ( I know,I know, but I am addicted ). I am also calorie restricting, I try to keep my calories under 1500 per day and my carbs under 30 grams per day.I am not sure what I am doing wrong here. Any suggestions would be great!

Comment

Congrats on the weight loss!!

Comment

Originally posted by sarahelyse View Post
            Congrats on the weight loss!!
            Thank you!

Comment

Hi All,

So i have decided to stop tracking my food and just relax. I am becoming way too obsessive with weighing myself daily and tracking everything I eat. I feel really good that I have cut out grains,dairy sugar and ALCOHOL and have a pretty good idea what I should be eating every day. I will weigh myself once a week, it amazes me how it effects me mentally is I step on the scale and I am up 0.2 of a pound.I will continue on eating what is good for me and eventually will hit my goal weight and feel even more amazing!

Comment

Great idea! You are doing excellent, and the scale is just a distraction
                "It's a great life, if you don't weaken.". John Buchan

Comment

Originally posted by itchy166 View Post
                  Great idea! You are doing excellent, and the scale is just a distraction
                  Yeah,I think I'm gonna throw them in the garbage!

Comment

Hi all,

Well this is day 2 of not tracking my food or jumping on the scale first thing in the morning. I have to say it's driving me a little crazy, but I will get over it. I ate pretty good yesterday-

Breakfast-Protein shake with coconut milk
                    Lunch-3 cups of spinach sauteed in homemade tomato sauce with 6 "paleo" meatballs
                    Supper-Ribeye steak with crab and shrimp and spinach sauteed in the cast iron pan the ribeye was cooked in

I had very bad cramps in my stomach yesterday,was very odd. My diet the day before was nothing out of the ordinary.The only thing different was I was shredding cheese for my kids for their tacos and I ate a little tiny piece of cheese ( I haven't had any dairy for a month). I'm not sure if that was the cause or not,I have ate cheese for years and years and it didn't seem to bother me before.

Comment

Hi All,

Well yesterday marked 5 weeks of being 100% primal! On Friday I decided to start doing co shots,one in the morning and one mid afternoon, Monday I went and bought some MCT oil.It is amazing stuff, adding a lot of energy and decreasing my appetite. I still use co to cook most of my food in. I am IFing now,eating my last meal n the evening and my fist one of the day at noon. I was drinking protein shacks 99% of the time for breakfast anyway ( I have never been a big breakfast eater anyway). I weighed in yesterday and was at 137.8 down 4 pounds from last week's weigh in by 4 pounds,so I am thrilled with these results!

Height 5"1.5
                      SW 148.3
                      CW 137.8
                      GW 120ish

Comment

WOW!!!

I should have proof read that post! Sorry about the spelling mistakes! I guess at 5:30 in the morning I should have a coffee and wake up a little more before I start typing lol!

Comment

Originally posted by lala70 View Post
                          Hi All,

Well yesterday marked 5 weeks of being 100% primal! On Friday I decided to start doing co shots,one in the morning and one mid afternoon, Monday I went and bought some MCT oil.It is amazing stuff, adding a lot of energy and decreasing my appetite. I still use co to cook most of my food in. I am IFing now,eating my last meal n the evening and my fist one of the day at noon. I was drinking protein shacks 99% of the time for breakfast anyway ( I have never been a big breakfast eater anyway). I weighed in yesterday and was at 137.8 down 4 pounds from last week's weigh in by 4 pounds,so I am thrilled with these results!

Height 5"1.5
                          SW 148.3
                          CW 137.8
                          GW 120ish
                          Congrats on the weight loss :-) What is MCT oil? And how much is a shot? TBSP?
                          Nobody can imprison your power of imagination.

Restarted the journey:
                          SW: 153lbs (Starting date - 05/08/2013)
                          CW: 146lbs (13/08/2013)
                          GW: 130lbs

Comment

Originally posted by Lizard View Post
                            Congrats on the weight loss :-) What is MCT oil? And how much is a shot? TBSP?
                            Hi there, MCT oil ( Medium chain triglcerides ). It is tasteless and odorless, it has all kinds of health benefits and acts well as an appetite suppressant! I take 1 shot ( tbsp. ) in the morning and one in the afternoon,it also provides me all kinds of energy! I love this stuff!

Comment

Good job lala!!
                              "It's a great life, if you don't weaken.". John Buchan

Comment

Originally posted by itchy166 View Post
                                Good job lala!!
                                lol,thanks Itchy!

Comment

Working...
                                X