Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie here

Hi!

I am new to the forum. I started yesterday and removed all grains, sugars, dairy, legumes, coffee, most starchy veggies, and any high GI fruits from my diet. I have been eating pretty grain free for awhile so that part was not too hard. I also cut way back on coffee a few months ago, so again not too hard. The no dairy, sugar, and potatoes will be the hardest for me. I am already feeling the effects of the carb flu and pushing on through. I have 100+ pounds to loose. I also know my hormones are pretty out of wack and I would like to get pregnant in the next 2-3 years so I would like to get all of this under control. I started running in the fall but my weight really holds me back because it takes such a toll on my knees and other joints.

I am leading a group of people doing a 100 day challenge of eating Paleo/Primal. I plan to continue after that, but I figure 100 days will hopefully make it stick for me. I've read a lot and know many of the basics, but could always use lots of support.

Thanks so much!!

Welcome and good luck on your journey! Instead of jogging, I'd just walk
    Earthy Mama's Journal

"Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food" ~ Hippocrates

Comment

Hi Lunalotus! I'm new too. Started about three days ago. Carb flu indeed! Good luck on your journey

Amanda

Comment

Thanks everyone! Carb flu is a little better today. I am sleeping amazing!

Comment

Hey....good luck !!! Newbie here as well....Starting today....can't wait for the great feelings even with the flu pending !
          Have 100lbs + to lose as well....

Comment

Working...
          X