Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Scotland; going primal in the new year..Advice?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome Lycan,
    Organic/grass fed beef is best, non organic grain fed beef is still better than cake. Do what you can and strive to improve each day. is my best answer.
    Tod
    Raise grass fed bison all natural. trying to gage this comunity to see if their is any intrest?

Comment

Thank you so much guys for the links and all the advice, its greatly appreciated. I have officially started eating primal as of today, will look at the local butchers as well as the above links and see about weekly and monthly boxes for fruit, veg and meat I am hoping the book will arrive today and I can read in more detail as well.

Comment

Hi Lycan, Hope you have fun! I think it can be easier here than in the US from what I have read, because we have all the traditional meat-fat-veg based dishes. turnips & kale, cullen skink etc.

What are your farmers markets like? I was in Dundee today and bought loads of eggs from the man at the market. And a super burger & salad from the hot stand!

Of course grass fed is good, wild is even better. Wild from an untamed wilderness is even better but we have to compromise... do your best and no-one will be able to criticise you for doing better.

Comment

Another advocating starting straight away.

Good luck

Comment

haggis!

Comment

Thank you guys, started as of Saturday..I was doing intermittent fasting before when I was eating non primal but as of the weekend I have started listening a bit more to my body and eat when hungry So far so good, although the sugar cravings are driving me nuts..Its starting to taper down now though so that's a good sign. Attempted training this morning and saw a reduction in strength when it came to some lifts, however I did anticipate this so no worries there. So far so good. Will start a journal and keep track as well.

Farmers markets here are okay, will need to head to Cove bay and check out a few more. I found out that there is a butchers right next to my flat and by the looks of it they do sell grass fed beef and other meats. They were closed on Sunday so will be talking to them today and working the details out on weekly boxes I can pick up from them.

Comment

Theres usally a farmers marker in Aberdeen every last Saturday of the month., I think its now on Belmont street(I havent been for a long time so not sure)
                Most of the places I mentioned above have a stall there (or did when I was going.. I just go direct to them now, I hate crowds)

& Stonehaven has a Farmers market every first Saturday in the market square (theres also a really good Fishmonger in Stonehaven. The Creel. 'Spensive, but Good!)
                Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Yes, indeed you are right there is one on the last Saturday of each month so will check them out this week and get stuff sorted out. Haven't been to stone haven in a while but will check out the farmers market there too and see what I can find I never knew there were so many places in the 'Deen that I can get Organic Fruits and Veggies as well as grass fed meat

Comment

Theres also an International market in Aberdeen 3 or 4 times a year.. probably past the last one now but they get all sorts of lovely stuff in from Spain/France/Germany etc & a lot of its Primal (Ok, a lot of its not ... french crepes LOL) I think its held in the same place as the farmers market, only its much larger.. think they block off part of union street to..
                    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

Comment

Originally posted by DinoHunter View Post
                      Theres also an International market in Aberdeen 3 or 4 times a year.. probably past the last one now but they get all sorts of lovely stuff in from Spain/France/Germany etc & a lot of its Primal (Ok, a lot of its not ... french crepes LOL) I think its held in the same place as the farmers market, only its much larger.. think they block off part of union street to..
                      Yes , I have definitely been to that one and its great for buying a variety of meats Kangaroo and venison being my personal favorites

Comment

They have Kangaroo?!, Cooool, maybe I need to start going again ...

Comment

Hi

You could try and purchase the grass fed meat from Blackface or Donald Russell. Both do home delivery and the stuff is good, expensive compared to the supermarket stuff, by we know why

Comment

Working...
                          X