No announcement yet.

Today in Southern England..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I cant comment on that Nigel but my dog was happy to be swimming this morning.The sea was like a millpond.You'll not that I didnt try it out myself !!

Comment

Originally posted by Nigel View Post
      [ATTACH]8625[/ATTACH] That's Mam Tor in the Derbyshire Peak District on the right with some paragliders. The valley to the left is Edale.
      That is so lovely to my American urban eyes--looks like ideal walking country. Wanna house swap for a week?!

Comment

Originally posted by Tom B-D View Post
        That is so lovely to my American urban eyes--looks like ideal walking country. Wanna house swap for a week?!
        I don't live there. I live in The Fens which are flat as a billiards table. If ever the clouds let us see sunrise or sunset, they're brilliant here.

I go to where the picture is because I'm in the Peak District Assessor Network for the Duke of Edinburgh Award. Youngsters do their expeditions in wild country and I am one of the people who assess them for that part of their D of E Award.

IMG_0435.jpg

This is what it was like the week before. I sat in that cloud (rain) for four hours waiting for five teams to come through. I took this picture on my way down when the weather was clearing up, comparatively speaking.

But yes. I'll swap for a week.
        Why use a sledge hammer to crack a nut when a steam roller is even more effective, and, is fun to drive.

Comment

Working...
        X