X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello,

I live in Southwestern Ontario, Canada

I am 40

Not very Primal yet, still trying to adjust. I am strict and can maintain the diet part 100% Monday to Saturday but Sunday I eat more protein than I should and eat a lot of fruit.

Dairy is awesome but since starting to convert over I now only eat 266 grams of organic yogurt (3.5%MF) a day and no more milk at all. Depending on what I am having on Sunday it may have cheese on it and...

I have a cup of coffee a day with grass fed butter in it

Motivation for switching to Primal is I want to see if I can look better and feel good at the same time

Favorite exercise is pull ups

Steak is the best Primal food

Best part of being/attempting Primal is that although I am always hungry I don't have the crazy carb cravings

Worst part of Primal is the little amount of food and always being hungry

Comment

• Hi All - about 35 days into Paleo and have been reading this forum with great interest. Eating lots of veggies, a little fruit, meat. Black coffee is a must in the morning - and whisky neat occasionally. Lost about 8 lbs but am not getting back on the scale because I expected immediate quick weight loss and it isn't happening. Have been taking long walks, yoga a few times a week, working in the woods clearing trees, but no other physical activity. Have noticed major difference in quality of sleep - finally not waking up at 3 every night! Feel a lot better - even energy levels. Hope to drop about 30 more lbs.

Comment

• Your location: St. Cloud, Florida

Age (If you want): 49 years old

How Primal are you: Just getting back into it after a few years of being off the track. I would 80-90%.

Do you consume dairy: Not this time. No.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes and yes.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Started my wellness checkups and BP is up, fasting sugar is up and LDL is slightly high.

Favorite exercise: I don't have a favorite, for me I dislike all of it. I prefer to integrate exercise into daily activities. I do enjoy swimming, cycling, and martial arts.

Favorite Primal food: Oh I don't know, there are many good foods. The most satisfying is meat with some fat. Whether it is steak, bacon, chicken, or fish. I really don't have a favorite.

Best part about being Primal: I usually feel good and have clear thought.

Worst part about being Primal: Not being able to consume poisonous decadent sugary foods. Sugar is a drug and I am one of those that can't let it get on my tongue. It flips a switch. It is the best poison.

Comment

• Hi everyone!

Your location: I live in Honolulu, HI.

Age (If you want): turning 36 in April

How Primal are you: I'm currently on day 10 of my 21 days Primal Blueprint Challenge. So, yeah, full on board with the diet & lifestyle changes.

Do you consume dairy: not anymore. Used to be a BIG Ben & Jerry's fan, tho.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee. Mostly black or with a little bit of coconut milk.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I read the New Primal Blueprint and it all started to make so much sense to me. So, the answer is "Common Sense," not harming my Toyota, and the desire to live an awesome, simple and healthy life.

Favorite exercise: I was a chronic cardio kinda guy and fueled my daily, often tiring runs with lots of rice and ice cream. Instinctively, I guess my workouts always included some of the PEMs [before reading about them], but now, ... what a life-changer! No more daily runs at a crazy heart rate, but instead I'm going for an intuitive approach of mixing up slow cardio, PEMs, occasional sprints according to my energy levels! No more Garmin-tracking, Runkeeper and logging miles! I feel rested and fit for the first time in a long time! I don't have a favorite exercise, just love to move & rest and enjoy going with the flow.

Favorite Primal food: So far, "Big Ass Salads" with fresh Salmon Poke; dark chocolate and blueberries when I feel snack-ish.

Best part about being Primal: So far, my energy levels have improved, and I just had my first meal since 17 hrs. Not because I wanted to fast but because I wasn't hungry. It's amazing!

Worst part about being Primal: The sugar detox kicked my ass the first couple of days, with headaches and being grouchy. That wasn't great, and then the other day I REALLY wanted a bag of chips. But thank God, I didn't!
          Last edited by Beck Millan; Yesterday, 09:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X