X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello,

I live in Southwestern Ontario, Canada

I am 40

Not very Primal yet, still trying to adjust. I am strict and can maintain the diet part 100% Monday to Saturday but Sunday I eat more protein than I should and eat a lot of fruit.

Dairy is awesome but since starting to convert over I now only eat 266 grams of organic yogurt (3.5%MF) a day and no more milk at all. Depending on what I am having on Sunday it may have cheese on it and...

I have a cup of coffee a day with grass fed butter in it

Motivation for switching to Primal is I want to see if I can look better and feel good at the same time

Favorite exercise is pull ups

Steak is the best Primal food

Best part of being/attempting Primal is that although I am always hungry I don't have the crazy carb cravings

Worst part of Primal is the little amount of food and always being hungry

Comment

• Hi All - about 35 days into Paleo and have been reading this forum with great interest. Eating lots of veggies, a little fruit, meat. Black coffee is a must in the morning - and whisky neat occasionally. Lost about 8 lbs but am not getting back on the scale because I expected immediate quick weight loss and it isn't happening. Have been taking long walks, yoga a few times a week, working in the woods clearing trees, but no other physical activity. Have noticed major difference in quality of sleep - finally not waking up at 3 every night! Feel a lot better - even energy levels. Hope to drop about 30 more lbs.

Comment

• Your location: St. Cloud, Florida

Age (If you want): 49 years old

How Primal are you: Just getting back into it after a few years of being off the track. I would 80-90%.

Do you consume dairy: Not this time. No.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes and yes.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Started my wellness checkups and BP is up, fasting sugar is up and LDL is slightly high.

Favorite exercise: I don't have a favorite, for me I dislike all of it. I prefer to integrate exercise into daily activities. I do enjoy swimming, cycling, and martial arts.

Favorite Primal food: Oh I don't know, there are many good foods. The most satisfying is meat with some fat. Whether it is steak, bacon, chicken, or fish. I really don't have a favorite.

Best part about being Primal: I usually feel good and have clear thought.

Worst part about being Primal: Not being able to consume poisonous decadent sugary foods. Sugar is a drug and I am one of those that can't let it get on my tongue. It flips a switch. It is the best poison.

Comment

• Hi everyone!

Your location: I live in Honolulu, HI.

Age (If you want): turning 36 in April

How Primal are you: I'm currently on day 10 of my 21 days Primal Blueprint Challenge. So, yeah, full on board with the diet & lifestyle changes.

Do you consume dairy: not anymore. Used to be a BIG Ben & Jerry's fan, tho.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee. Mostly black or with a little bit of coconut milk.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I read the New Primal Blueprint and it all started to make so much sense to me. So, the answer is "Common Sense," not harming my Toyota, and the desire to live an awesome, simple and healthy life.

Favorite exercise: I was a chronic cardio kinda guy and fueled my daily, often tiring runs with lots of rice and ice cream. Instinctively, I guess my workouts always included some of the PEMs [before reading about them], but now, ... what a life-changer! No more daily runs at a crazy heart rate, but instead I'm going for an intuitive approach of mixing up slow cardio, PEMs, occasional sprints according to my energy levels! No more Garmin-tracking, Runkeeper and logging miles! I feel rested and fit for the first time in a long time! I don't have a favorite exercise, just love to move & rest and enjoy going with the flow.

Favorite Primal food: So far, "Big Ass Salads" with fresh Salmon Poke; dark chocolate and blueberries when I feel snack-ish.

Best part about being Primal: So far, my energy levels have improved, and I just had my first meal since 17 hrs. Not because I wanted to fast but because I wasn't hungry. It's amazing!

Worst part about being Primal: The sugar detox kicked my ass the first couple of days, with headaches and being grouchy. That wasn't great, and then the other day I REALLY wanted a bag of chips. But thank God, I didn't!
          Last edited by Beck Millan; 03-29-2017, 09:57 PM.

Comment

• Your location:

Age (If you want): 48

How Primal are you: Right now, totally.

Do you consume dairy: A little.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee.

Motivator for switching to Primal: It served me well before, I don't have cravings on it, easy to maintain weight.

Favorite exercise: Tae-bo

Favorite Primal food:Chicken.

Best part about being Primal: I looked great.

Worst part about being Primal:Having to cook so much.

Comment

• Your location: Southern Alberta

Age (If you want):48

How Primal are you: 80% since I got out of the hospital

Do you consume dairy:yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both

Motivator for switching to Primal: Hypertensive crisis. I was rushed to emergency a couple of weeks ago with a bp of 280/245. After many tests ( including a cardio angiogram) and more meds, I was able to go home. I was told that if the ambulance would have taken a few more minutes I would have suffered organ damage or death. Too darn close.

Favorite exercise:Squats

Favorite Primal food: chicken

Best part about being Primal: rapid weight loss

Worst part about being Primal: Not being able to eat pasta

Comment

• Your location: Phoenix

Age (If you want):

How Primal are you: 5/10

Do you consume dairy: just in my coffee

Do you drink coffee or tea: coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal:

Favorite exercise: rock climbing

Best part about being Primal: Primal screams!

Comment

• Your location: PA

Age (If you want): 60

How Primal are you: 80%

Do you consume dairy: occasionally whole milk cheese, full fat cottage cheese and yogurt

Do you drink coffee or tea: 1-2 cups coffee, one cup tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: healthy lifestyle

Favorite exercise: walking, biking, rowing

Favorite Primal food: grass fed beef

Best part about being Primal: no bloating from grains

Worst part about being Primal: can't think of one

Comment

• Hi all, my name is Summer and I've been reading through the site and bought the New Primal Blueprint on Kindle to read. I also bought the Practical Paleo book as well for some recipes. I'm new to actually going Primal, just started last Monday.

Your location: Ontario, Canada

Age (If you want): 30.5 years, lol

How Primal are you: I'm just starting, so right now I'm trying to lower my sugar intake, I was going to go cold turkey but couldn't as the headaches were too horrible, so I'm having some real fruit juice in the afternoons to help with the headaches while at work, since fruit and yogurt wasn't helping

Do you consume dairy: Yes, I love yogurt in particular and take cream in my black tea.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, though I've basically had to give up coffee because it's too bitter without sugar, I may add it back in when my taste for sugar diminishes. I love tea and drink different kinds. Black teas (Orange Pekoe/English breakfast) I've taken the sugar out and just drink with cream. Oolong/white/pu'erh I drink without sugar or dairy, and usually in the evenings after dinner.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I've always had issues with carbs in excess and carbs+fat. I can have some couscous with veggies and some cheese with no ill effects but if I have anything high fat in that meal (say a steak), then I have issues. Same goes for pasta with Alfredo sauces, or sausage mixed with pasta etc. I've looked into Paleo/Primal before but it was a lot more strict and very black/white where now there's more shades of gray. What I read a few years back (like 6 years) was no nightshades and no dairy and no a few other things, and I LIVE for my bell peppers and tomatoes. Mark's way of writing is awesome and I like that he doesn't take such a hardline stance with the gray area foods, but explains why it may not be good for everyone.

Favorite exercise: Hiking in nature

Favorite Primal food: I can have copious amounts of meat (balanced with veggies of course) so this meatatarian is happy.

Best part about being Primal: no idea yet, haven't been on it long enough to feel any benefits

Worst part about being Primal: again, haven't been on it long. Though so far the sugar withdrawal headaches are horrible.

Hope to get to know everyone in the community well! Cheers all!

Comment

• Your location: Virginia

Age (If you want): 58 2/3

How Primal are you: Somewhat...have been dabbling a bit

Do you consume dairy: Butter on occasion

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both

Motivator for switching to Primal: Tired of being tired and feeling like I should be mooing

Favorite exercise: Bicycling, walking, knitting

Favorite Primal food: Bacon

Best part about being Primal: Feel really good when I'm following guidelines

Worst part about being Primal: Can't think of any

Comment

• Your location: Australia/France

Age (If you want): 29

How Primal are you: I'm on my way

Do you consume dairy: Unfortunately yes. I love cheese, especially French. The stinkier the better.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both. I'm still waiting for some quality substitute for coffee. I love the taste of coffee but it doesn't do me good. I'm a big fan of tea - all sorts, especially green with roses or jasmine.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Not feeling bloated and having more energy.

Favorite exercise: Definitely yoga. I love swimming too.

Favorite Primal food: avocado

Best part about being Primal: Having much more energy.

Worst part about being Primal: Don't know yet

Comment

• I am new here and will answer

Hong Kong

I am doing a work on Food Factory

I drink tea

I will answer remaining questions soon.

Comment

Working...
                          X