• Show
Clear All

• I missed this when I did my intro on another thread. So, here it goes:

The Questions:

Your location: Ontario, Canada

Age (If you want):44, female

How Primal are you: 80/20

Do you consume dairy: Yes! Cheese, Milk, Butter

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes! Oh, God, Yes!

Motivator for switching to Primal: I feel better when eating Primal. I never wanted to eat primally - my hubby convinced me to do it back in 2013 (and I did it for a while but fell off. I have, however been GF since 2013. I never went back to wheat after trying primal). I found that when I went primal (or, at least GF) all my weird symptoms went away.

Favorite exercise: Walking

Favorite Primal food: Burger (no bun)

Best part about being Primal: It makes me feel better.

Worst part about being Primal: Not eating chocolate, chocolate and chocolate. (yes, I can eat 90% chocolate but, well, you know!) Oh, and having to explain myself to others and then getting the "oh, so you're on a diet" remarks.
    “Keeping your body healthy is an expression of gratitude to the whole cosmos — the trees, the clouds, everything.”
    ~Thich Nhat Hanh

Comment

• Your location: Washington DC

Do you consume dairy: Rarely

Do you drink coffee or tea: Hot coffee/Iced tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: Weight loss; balance blood sugar/mood; take better care of myself

Favorite exercise: Running (but moving from chronic cardio to sprints/HIIT)

Favorite Primal food: Any type of grilled fish

Best part about being Primal: Doing something good for myself; making my health a priority; make Primal a lifestyle and adopt good habits

Worst part about being Primal: Staying positive and not getting discouraged; keeping momentum and motivation; hardest part will be making good choices when dining out with friends

Introducing myself as a way to start a level of accountability I haven't quite managed in the last month. Hitting my highest weight in ten years as a result of some various life challenges, it's time to exercise a lot more self-compassion and make my health and well-being a top priority.
      Last edited by dcchris; 07-06-2016, 08:04 AM.

Comment

• Your location: Austin, Tx

Age (If you want): 49

How Primal are you: Fledgling

Do you consume dairy: Moderately

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: Live healthier longer

Favorite exercise: jogging / walking, hiking , weight lifting. I want to try parkour but have stiff knee joints.

Favorite Primal food: Bison burgers

Best part about being Primal: It feels natural

Worst part about being Primal: Haven't grasped how much carb I need in my macro nutrient breakdown

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

• Hello All
          I am Gisele and I am new to the Primal world!! On week 2 on the 21 day challenge! would like to hear from other women over 50 who have gone down this path before me - Any tips. suggestions to help loose weight?

Comment

• OH! did not see the questions - here goes
            our location: Longwood, Fl - basically Orlando

Age (If you want): Loving being 58

How Primal are you: Newbie

Do you consume dairy: Some

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes- in the am

Motivator for switching to Primal: loose weight - Thank-you Menopause

Favorite exercise: anything outdoors -walking , hiking,biking etc

Favorite Primal food: not sure yet

Best part about being Primal: easy lifestyle to embrace, especially as I travel

Worst part about being Primal:not loosing weight fast enough

Comment

• The Questions:

Your location: NC

Age (If you want): 40

How Primal are you: somewhat...75%....

Do you consume dairy: yes

Do you drink coffee or tea:yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: fat loss, belief in the science

Favorite exercise: running & lifting (deadlifts, above all)

Favorite Primal food: eggs

Best part about being Primal: no bloating

Worst part about being Primal: working on that whole 80/20 thing. Lol

Comment

• Hi everyone....finally got on the forum. Been primal for close to seven months. Mark changed my life when I heard him on the joe rogan podcast. When he said eating a bowl of pasta or a bowl of skittles had the same effect, the light bulb went off. 60lbs gone, I am running and doing ocr. My wife and I will be doing our first ever ultra half marathon in 3 weeks.....life is great and I got no complaints....Thank You Mark

The Questions:

Your location: idaho/ arctic circle (alaska)

Age (If you want): 36

How Primal are you: grrrrrr

Do you consume dairy: itsy bitsy

Do you drink coffee or tea: coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: sad and fat....man boobies

Favorite exercise: kettlebells

Favorite Primal food: bacon

Best part about being Primal: bacon and feeling amazing

Worst part about being Primal: nothing! Can't have all the other awesomeness with out the other

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

• Hello all! I have been following Primal light over the last few months and lost about 7lbs. Now I have decided to really stick to it. I've read Primal Blueprint and think it's an awesome read!

Your location: CT

Age (If you want): 21

How Primal are you: right now ~ slightly

Do you consume dairy: Nope

Do you drink coffee or tea: The only thing I drink is water. I don't even drink soda haha.

Motivator for switching to Primal: To get away from the SAD.

Favorite exercise: Hiking and Spinning

Favorite Primal food: Red Meats

Best part about being Primal: Feeling great about myself!

Worst part about being Primal: Trying to work with it at a college campus!

Comment

• I'm in Memphis, TN. Looks like I'm the old lady on the board at 41, nearly 42. I have been very fit and active my whole life. I'd call myself a borderline vegetarian. I'm learning the Paleo/Primal lifestyle at the suggestion of my doctor, who said women need protein even more as we get older bc of muscle-mass loss and to support out thyroid function.

No, I do not consume dairy. I drink my coffee black, and only in the morning. I do love a cup of good green tea...yogi makes a fabulous one called Muscle Recovery with tumeric in it. Probably my favorite. I enjoy competitive tennis, walking/running my dogs, and Orange Theory. My favorite primal food is snagging a spoonful of coconut oil and almond butter as a snack/pick-me-up mid-afternoon. Being primal isn't that much different from the way I ate before. I just had to lose quinoa and legumes. I like knowing I am working to heal my body from the inside out. The worst part of being paleo is just that, a Southern girl who can't eat lima beans is a real sad girl.

I just had an allergy panel run, and I am allergic to dairy, pork & pineapple. Makes finding good recipes hard.

Comment

• Your location: Bristol, England

Age (If you want): 34

How Primal are you: fairly primal although I'm new to this lifestyle and still adapting to not eating grains. It's more of a habit than anything else and definitely feel better for it.

Do you consume dairy: very small amounts.

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes but in small amounts. Quite like a peppermint tea from time to time.

Motivator for switching to Primal: l

Favourite exercise: road biking

Favorite Primal food: omelet, Chicken,macadamia nuts

Best part about being Primal: feeling more energetic, the opposite to what I was expecting.

Worst part about being Primal: temptations, eating out. Sometimes it's a struggle and I feel like I'm being a pain to others.

Comment

• Hi all! Great to be on board, thanks for having me

Your location: Brisbane, Australia

Age (If you want): 31, male

How Primal are you: I live as primal of a lifestyle as possible and am endlessly reading and researching to find ways to crawl deeper into the cave (so to speak!)

Do you consume dairy: Not at all

Do you drink coffee or tea: No coffee or black tea. I do drink some herbal teas.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I've always been interested in nutrition, fitness and pursuing wellbeing through a holistic lifestyle. I also used to be a "carb and cardio warrior", believing I was on the right path to maximising my health and performance. After years of frustration with results and never feeling satisfied by the carb loaded meals I began to do my own reading. I stumbled across Paleo/Primal and it just made SO MUCH sense to me from the beginning. That was 3 years ago and the results have been so rewarding. Needless to say I've never looked back.

Favorite exercise: Hiking, touch football, squash, soccer... I'm up for almost anything!

Favorite Primal food: Bone marrow

Best part about being Primal: Achieving and maintaining health without having to feel physically overworked or deprived of enjoyable foods

Worst part about being Primal: Knowing the true value and virtue of this lifestyle, yet always coming up against ill-advised conventional wisdom. My dream is to make the modern world healthy, one grok at a time.

Comment

• Your location:

Yorkshire

Age (If you want):

How Primal are you:

60%??

Do you consume dairy: yes, especially butter and cream. Oh and cheese

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes, not much. And green tea.

Motivator for switching to Primal:

Aches and pains, feeling old before my time, psoriasis. On and off paleo/ primal for 4 years, now doing it properly...

Favorite exercise:

Cycling, badminton, hill walking, trail running

Favorite Primal food:
                          Celeriac lasange

Best part about being Primal:

Waking up clear headed.

Worst part about being Primal:

Trying to 'justify' choices to others. Feeling guilty feeding children non-primal foods

Comment

• Guess since I've been absent from the forums for so long, I should re-introduce myself.

The Questions:

Your location: Los Angeles, CA (Valley)

Age (If you want): 49

How Primal are you: mostly - 75%.... I indulge in some grains at times, but mostly shun wheat and corn. No cereals anymore!

Do you consume dairy: yes - whole milk, heavy cream and grass fed butter when I can

Do you drink coffee or tea:yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: better health, lifestyle change and athletic needs

Favorite exercise: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, biking

Favorite Primal food: meat/bacon

Best part about being Primal: the contradiction to SAD I followed miserable all my younger days... No more 100% bran to bloat and explode. No more low fat.

Worst part about being Primal: I do love sweets. My kryptonite. Ice cream, home made cakes and other great things (I'm an avid cook & baker and brew my own beer). I hate grocery sweets - overly processed so try to only eat home goods when I cheat.

Comment

• Your location: Whitby, Ontario, Canada;
                              Age (If you want): 35;
                              How Primal are you: 5 days worth...
                              Do you consume dairy: yes, with restrictions;
                              Do you drink coffee or tea: coffee, only hour after I get up, going to trying limiting to 1-3 cups (haven't been counting);
                              Motivator for switching to Primal:
                              -I think I'm addicted to the insulin cycle (the insidious one mentioned in 21 Day Total Body Transformation)
                              -Balance/Simplicity of the lifestyle
                              -What I've researched and read so far makes sense to me;
                              Favourite exercise:
                              -Hikes with my dogs
                              -Outdoor activity;
                              Favourite Primal food:
                              -Hot cereal made with pecans and almonds;
                              Best part about being Primal:
                              -Energy level
                              -Food
                              -I'm not hungry,no cravings/over eating
                              -Not slave to cardio;
                              Worst part about being Primal:
                              -Watching other people suffer when they don't have to, wanting this for everyone;

Grateful for: Forums and MDA community.

Comment

• Just purchased The Primal Blueprint book on Kindle. Reading it now!

Comment

Working...
                                X