This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello!

Your location: Winchester, UK (moved to England from Australia in 2011)

Age (If you want): 33

How Primal are you: I suspect I'm around 80/20.

Do you consume dairy: Yes. Heavy cream in my coffee, plus mature cheeses occasionally. And whey protein.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee, despite the pressure in this country to become a tea fanatic! I do like green tea.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I've known for years that I was borderline coeliac but I never committed to completely removing wheat and other grains until now, aside from a few months of keto a couple of years ago. Before the shift to Primal in February, I was reasonably low carb anyway but I was haphazard about it. Meant I didn't suffer too much in the transition thankfully!

In addition to wanting to increase my health and improve my body composition (I've lost about 15lbs of already), I've always been fascinated by early human populations so Primal is the perfect fit in all kinds of ways! It just makes sense.

Favorite exercise: 32kg kettlebell clean and press - I can't do many but it feels fantastic.

Favorite Primal food: Grass-fed, 850g rib-eye steak

Best part about being Primal: Having lots of energy despite not needing to eat as much or as often.

Worst part about being Primal: Trying not to talk too much about Primal. And chips. I do miss chips.

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

• Hi everyone, I'm Kat

Originally posted by Anonymous View Post
      In other forums I've been a member of in the past - at least for small communities - there's been a 'introduce yourself' thread with some questions that people can answer. I know that there are people reading this forum that are fully primal, partially primal, and are considering it. I thought that I'd put some questions together to cover these things just to get an idea of who's out there.

The Questions:

Your location: Gold Coast, Australia

Age (If you want): 34

How Primal are you: Not very until today. I have done a Whole 30 and stopped but now ready to transition to a whole new lifestyle!

Do you consume dairy: No, it upsets my stomach

Do you drink coffee or tea: Green and herbal tea many times a day

Motivator for switching to Primal: The more I move away from grains, dairy etc the more my stomach hurts when I come back and eat them. I am a big sleeper and have had too many nights recently of being up from 2am because my stomach is agony

Favorite exercise: Bushwalking

Favorite Primal food: Steak

Best part about being Primal: I'll let you know soon.....

Worst part about being Primal:
      Giving up bread

Comment

• The Questions:

Your location: Vacaville, CA

Age (If you want): 40

How Primal are you: Not so much yet

Do you consume dairy: No

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both! More coffee than tea.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I was diagnosed with pre-diabetes and depression. I was advised by my nutritionist to give The Primal Blueprint a try.

Favorite exercise: Running, calisthenics, weightlifting and martial arts

Best part about being Primal: From what I've learned so far, being free from the stress of the American standards.

Worst part about being Primal: Trying to refrain from grains.

Comment

• Your location: CT

Age (If you want): 52

How Primal are you: 50%

Do you consume dairy: No

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes to both

Motivator for switching to Primal: I just can't seem to lose weight and I hate "diets". Hate. So I thought I would revamp my eating habits and adopt a new lifestyle instead of starving myself and failing. Again.

Favorite exercise: Walking, hiking

Best part about being Primal: No counting or tracking

Worst part about being Primal: Hmmmmm.... no potato chips.

I have celiac so giving up grains is not a problem I do have rice once in a while though.

Comment

• Your location: Northwest Florida (soon to be back home in Pennsylvania)

How Primal are you?: Almost (still using up some cheese dips and tea bases that contain corn derivatives).

Do you consume dairy?: Occasionally

Do you drink coffee or tea?: Relatively Often

Motivator for switching to Primal: Mainly, it's the only "get healthy quick" scheme I'd ever heard of that, despite its "radicalism", seemed solidly grounded in the real world, and which never let trendy dogma drown out common sense.

Favorite exercise: Hiking

Favorite Primal food: Meat

Best part about being Primal: Fat

Worst part about being Primal: My previous dietary habits revolved around discount pizza joints and creme-filled donuts by the dozen.

Comment

• Your location: Okc, ok

Age (If you want): 61

How Primal are you: 95/5 or better I would guess. I'm careful about what I eat and committed to primal. I'm pretty new to it, just all in since February this year.

Do you consume dairy: yes, full fat plain yogurt, cream, butter.

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes to both

Motivator for switching to Primal: So many motivators, my age and all associated aches and pains - physical limitations - gravitational forces. I refuse to feel my age so earlier this year when I was starting to again I started my search for a fix because I don't think it's normal to feel my age. When I was in my 40s I felt better than when I was in my 20s, when I was in my 50s I lost a little off that but did my first half ironman on my 57th birthday, then despite the fact I was still active the way I felt was going downhill. One evening in january this year on a walk I said to my husband, I feel my age and the search for answers started when we got home. Luckily I found Mark Sisson and Primal.

Favorite exercise: cycling, I picked it up again at age 36 and haven't stopped. I love it. I also enjoy walks, swimming and do some weight training, yoga.

Favorite Primal food: grilled meats, I'm addicted to the Primal Kitchen Almond bars

Best part about being Primal: the improvements in how I feel. The ten pounds I've lost. The fact that it just makes sense whereas the SAD makes none.

Worst part about being Primal: just back from a week-long road trip which necessitated packing food, Primal snacks, not succumbing to the multitude of crap-tastic fast food options. We did however enjoy breaking our fast with a delicious locally raised ribeye steak and grilled mushrooms and onions in a tiny little town in Missouri.

Sent from my iPad using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

• Hi there, living in the suburbs of Philly, and 48. I'm not primal yet, but trying to get there. Tried all types of things but can't seem to stay consistent. I do eat dairy. Love cheeses. We have fanrms near by, so we have grass-fed meats, woodland pork, free-range chickes and eggs, and RAW MILK and BUTTER! Have my coffe every day, and I know I should start doing bulletproof coffee.
                I want to do this because I'm tired. Tired of feeling like just getting thru the day. Tired of the nasty feeling after eating. Just tired.
                Don't excerise much anymore. Used race BMX and motocross, loved running. And lifting. But haven't done it a while. Gonna start walking though. Just have an umbilical hernia fixed so I'm forced to take it easy.
                That's about it.

Comment

• Hi there

I hope to overcome my health battles.

I love reading and listening to discussions on the paleo lifestyle. I find it very difficult however to maintain this lifestyle as I often binge on bad foods. I am a sugar and carb addict. I am quite active - and am a pensioner now - but I still feel like a young little girl inside.

I so much once and for all want to be completely victorious and live the Paleo way. I try intermittent fasting most days of the week, but the binging happens even when I feel full and satisfied.

Any advice would be much appreciated

Sent from my SM-N920C using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

• Hi, my name is Mike. I'm 45 years old. I started exercising about 8 months ago. I lost 16lbs but have hit a wall. I've never done a paleo diet. This will all be new to me. Looking forward to it. Thanks.

Comment

• Your location: Vancouver, WA

Age (If you want): 25

How Primal are you: 25%, I just started.

Do you consume dairy: cheese and creamer

Do you drink coffee or tea: both

Motivator for switching to Primal:
                      I want to lose weight and be toned

Favorite exercise: I enjoy lifting and lap swimming

Favorite Primal food: I dont know yet

Best part about being Primal: clean eating

Worst part about being Primal: my inner fatty won't get chocolate

(\_/)
                      ('_' )
                      (")(")

Comment

• Hi, my name is Lynne, I'm 54 and I'm on my 8th day of primal. I'm not overweight, but have lost 4lbs in the last week. I know I need to do something to curb my sugar addiction in order to help my athletic ambitions and my health. I trained pretty well in my first week, keeping most things low intensity. Really struggling today after a fasted 5 mile run this morning, but I need to adapt as I want to do some long distance events,many nutrition has always been my downfall in the past.

Sent from my iPad using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

• Your location: Canada

Do you consume dairy: Yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: Weight loss

Favorite exercise: Squats

Best part about being Primal: Mental clarity

Worst part about being Primal: Temptations

Sent from my K85 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

• Strict Ketogenic diet......... what about proteins?

Originally posted by Anonymous View Post
                            In other forums I've been a member of in the past - at least for small communities - there's been a 'introduce yourself' thread with some questions that people can answer. I know that there are people reading this forum that are fully primal, partially primal, and are considering it. I thought that I'd put some questions together to cover these things just to get an idea of who's out there.

The Questions: Have been following a strict Ketogenic diet for last 60 days. As a percent of about 1000 Calories a day 80% fat, 15% protein, 5% carb. Have lost 40+ lbs but have hit plateau for the last 10 days..... seem to be stuck. How to break through and continue on to goal?

Your location: Middle of USA

Age (If you want): Seem very old at this time

How Primal are you: Very

Do you consume dairy: Some

Do you drink coffee or tea: Not much

Motivator for switching to Primal: Diabetic type 2

Favorite exercise: none

Favorite Primal food: PorkBelly

Best part about being Primal: Great Food

Worst part about being Primal:
                            No more of my wife's award winning cinnamon rolls......

Comment

• Hey everyone.
                              I'm newly turned 55. I was paleo/primal for about 3 years at 75 to 90%. I have a history of emotional eating and it helped with cravings but I still ate to compensate and didn't get the results I was hoping for. About 6 months ago I said "enough" and went back to a mostly vegetarian lifestyle. Wow did that not go well. So I'm back. I cut out all the grains, beans and sugar about 2 weeks ago. Aside from a touch of creamer in my tea or coffee, and butter for cooking or finishing, I don't touch dairy.
                              What is different this time is that I'm more focused on health and overall fitness (just received P90) not just weight loss.
                              I'm already feeling better, bye bye bloating, belching and joint pain.
                              I'm happy to be back on the right path.

Comment

• Your location: NC

Age (If you want): 44

How Primal are you: Fledgling

Do you consume dairy: Moderately

Do you drink coffee or tea: Did I miss something? Both

Motivator for switching to Primal: Live healthier longer

Favorite exercise: Avoiding it? LOL Probably walking outside, hiking! Great outdoors.

Favorite Primal food: Ribeye

Best part about being Primal: Meat

Worst part about being Primal: Less Dairy

So I am here trying to be a better version of myself. Started doing ketogenic but recognize it doesn't address everything I need. While searching for something more sustainable I came across PB. I glanced at Paleo for a minute until I came across they views on dairy. Meh.

I am excited about the lifestyle change. Right now I am just trying to get acclimated by ingesting all the info here.

Was watching one of Mark's video's he demonstratesaid the pull up and says something like and if you are a woman and can do 2 or 3.
                                Let me stop here for a moment and ROTFLOL
                                Okay- I seriously have like 0 upper body strength.
                                I see it as a great place to start (only up from here!), an opportunity for improvement if you will.
                                Game on upper body, this will happen!
                                On a more serious note, I like the way he shows you to use a chair because I was totally lost as to an approach!

Grrrrrrrr, Team Primal!
                                Last edited by MsGoingPrimal; 07-05-2016, 04:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X