• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your location: Costa Mesa, CA

Age (If you want): 38

How Primal are you: Have to say zero as I am starting over

Do you consume dairy: Cheese

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, but quitting coffee today after restarting a month ago...a slippery slope on that one

Motivator for switching to Primal: Lose weight for health

Favorite exercise: Hiking/walking

Favorite Primal food: Steak & eggs

Best part about being Primal: Steak & eggs

Worst part about being Primal: Eliminating the white foods especially when I am only one at home doing this & family still eating those. This is biggest hurdle for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

• Your location: Newnan GA

Age (If you want): 37

How Primal are you: not at all - I have been eating vegan for four and a half years.

Do you consume dairy: no

Do you drink coffee or tea: both, though sparingly

Motivator for switching to Primal: Suffered an injury - unable to exercise - pounds crept on. Realized that vegan diet was very grain heavy, contributing to weight gain. Also not feeling great even though I was eating "fantastic" foods.

Favorite exercise: Walking/running/hiking

Favorite Primal food: Do not know... Yet.

Best part about being Primal: not sure but I will soon learn

Worst part about being Primal: wrestling with the "moral/ethical" aspects of killing other beings for consumption.

Comment

• My location: Currently Pembrokeshire, Wales.

Age: 57 (no idea how that happened...last time I looked I was 29)

How primal am I?: hmmm....realistically I think about 50%, but it's very early days

Do I consume dairy?: oh yes, full fat milk in tea, single cream in coffee, yogurt and cheese. This is not good I know. I need to find viable alternatives for all this dairy but I don't actually eat much meat having been pescatarian for the last 30 years.

Do I drink tea or coffee?: one coffee a day. Tea? Hello..I'm British...it practically comes out of the taps. It's like breathing here in the UK. Err...Yes, I drink tea

Motivator for switching to primal: long story short...yoga ashram for two weeks caused me so much inflammatory pain (and a raised ESR) that I realised I'm just kidding myself if I don't shape up and clean up pdq. So it was ironically the yoga lifestyle that made me eat meat.

Favourite exercise: the minute you mention the word exercise I'm not interested. I do like walking (oh but my bunions are getting to be a problem) , occasional swimming if I can find a pool I like and occasionally some yoga (Sivananda...nothing that's likely to make me break out in a sweat)

Favourite primal food: OMG I ate a sirloin steak last week...it was heavenly but couldn't do that all the time.

Best part about being primal: the pain is going

Worst part about being primal: I know I'm going to have to cut down/ cut out dairy...dreading it. Oh and I'm a nurse...there is always chocolate and cake about and 12 hours into a 14 hour shift it starts to look VERY appealing.

Comment

• Your location: Connecticut, USA
          Age (If you want): 49
          How Primal are you: Sorta
          Do you consume dairy: Yes
          Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee
          Motivator for switching to Primal: weight loss.
          Favorite exercise: Circuit Training.
          Favorite Primal food: Meat
          Best part about being Primal: Weight loss...not craving food.
          Worst part about being Primal: Availability of food.

Comment

• Intro from Joesbeef

Your location: Western Mass

Age (If you want): 54

How Primal are you: A beginner

Do you consume dairy: Cheese, grass-fed butter, some whole-milk yogurt for the cultures

Do you drink coffee or tea: 1 coffee/day, avg, some tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: Hoping for better glucose control

Favorite exercise: Vigorous walking, but I also try to do as much of my farm work manually as I can (scythe instead of tractor, walk to back pasture instead of driving, etc.)

Favorite Primal food: Organ meats. I've rediscovered them since starting to raise some grass-fed beef-- why are most folks so afraid to try them? I suspect that it's similar to how many people get queasy when they learn that the meat they're buying came from a named cow. The reality of where meat comes from is hard for many people in this culture to take.

Best part about being Primal: Too new to say

Comment

• going primal in berlin, germany

good day,

just joined this forum after reading mark's very inspiring "21day transformation" - and i'm on my third day now and very enthusiastic!

am really striving to get some things sorted in terms of weight loss, bad food and drinking habits, and i don't want to procrastinate any longer ...

some facts about me:

+ my location: berlin, germany, europe

+ my age: 46 years

+ how Primal are you: i guess 80%, since germany is not the easiest place when it comes to find adequate places for non CAFO product such as grass-fed, organic and other stuff. still in the process to adapt and inhale all the do's and dont's of primal

+ do you consume dairy: coffee cream, very little cheese to refine meals

+ do you drink coffee or tea: still too much coffee. trying to replace it with water

+ motivator for switching to Primal: my weight! 97.8 kgs at 177cm is too much, and before crossing the 100 kg mark, i decided to rather get back to the 75 kg line. i'm away from alcohol and sugar already, so the rest should be feasible too

+ favorite exercise: biking, hiking, walking. i used to be an enthusiastic ball player, but at this weight, it would be damaging to links, ligaments and bones. not speaking of organs.

+ favorite Primal food: meat, eggs, vegetables. i love hot spices, so they comfort me when struggling.

+ best part about being Primal: the speed of cleanliness you can already sense when purging out your cupboards from carbo, the smell when foraging for healthy food

+ worst part about being Primal: it's difficult to find primal food when on the go and when dining out. not to talk about dinner parties when you need to pick your stuff. as a beginner, i can also see how badly i snacked around and i'm trying not to replace that but just drop it.

overall, i am very much looking forward to meeting some of you here and also in the other threads and groups - and i'd be delighted to find other berliners here too

cheers from berlin
              tina

Comment

• Your location: IDYLLWILD, CALIFORNIA (IN THE MOUNTAINS ABOVE PALM SPRINGS)

Age (If you want):64

How Primal are you: PRETTY MUCH SO

Do you consume dairy: NO (HAVEN'T FOR 15 YEARS)

Do you drink coffee or tea: ONLY DRANK HERB TEA FOR MANY YEARS. STARTED DRINKING BULLETPROOF COFFEE ABOUT 6 MONTHS AGO (1X PER DAY IN THE MORNING USUALLY).

Motivator for switching to Primal: SEEKING OPTIMAL HEALTH, FREEDOM FROM DISEASE, CONTINUOUS ENERGY, LONGEVITY, LONG PRODUCTIVE AND VITAL LIFE.

Favorite exercise: WALKING, FOUNDATION, KETTLEBELLS, PUSHUPS, PULLUPS, SQUATS.

Favorite Primal food: MEAT (BEEF, BACON)

Best part about being Primal: FEELING OF WELL BEING, ENERGY, DON'T GET SICK.

Worst part about being Primal: CONSTIPATION (CAN'T FIGURE OUT WHY)

Comment

• Your location: Birmingham UK

Age (If you want): 46

How Primal are you: starting out with all the best intentions - I veer towards this way of eating naturally so I just now to cut out the additional empty carbs/ calories (sounds easy when it's said like that)...

Do you consume dairy: yes - cheese milk and yogurt

Do you drink coffee or tea: coffee cutting out as it gives me shakes. tea am only and water the rest of the day

Motivator for switching to Primal: Losing weight and feeling more 'alive'

Favorite exercise: walking/ running and anything to do with weights/ kettlebells - bodyweight stuff as well and crossfit style workouts

Favorite Primal food: Steak & eggs and then salmon

Best part about being Primal: full fat food rather than zero fat processed pseudo foods

Worst part about being Primal: avoiding turning to refined carbs in times of stress - im a binge eater that is my own worst enemy but im working on it.

Comment

• I've gone Primal and I love it!

Your location: Bernardsville, NJ

Age (If you want): 51

How Primal are you: about 90% - I was paleo for quite awhile but stopped about a year ago. I love this way of eating!

Do you consume dairy: yes - cheese, butter and whole milk in my coffee

Do you drink coffee or tea: I drink them both, but drink only probably one latte per week. The other mornings I drink Ten4 which is an organic caffeine drink and mix it with an organic barely grass drink.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Because my pants didn't fit anymore and I am WAY to vain for that!

Favorite exercise: walking/hiking

Favorite Primal food: Coconut!! - milk, oil and flakes!

Best part about being Primal: I feel great and can fit in my pants again! They're not loose yet but almost!

Worst part about being Primal: going out with friends - love them but hate being put in the situation

Comment

• Ok here we go!

Your location: Fort Worth, Texas

Age (If you want): 32

How Primal are you: newbie

Do you consume dairy: yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: I've had success on primal about 5 years ago... But after serious health set backs for my husband, I didn't take care of myself at all.

Favorite exercise: kettlebell training

Favorite Primal food: eggs

Best part about being Primal: simplicity and looking better in my clothing

Worst part about being Primal: having a family who loves carbs and junk food

Comment

• Hello everyone,

How primal are you: considering

Do you consume dairy: yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: coffee xs1 daily, occasional tea--usually green or chamomile

Motivation for switching to Primal: health

Favorite Primal food: lobster, followed by eggs and prime rib (mid rare, of course)

Best thing about being Primal: don't know yet

Worst thing about being Primal: doing w/out pasta and bread--coarse bread and olive oil a fav!

The prospect of foraging only non-processed food is daunting. Looking for support, tips, encouragement.

--Curt

Comment

• Oh, I forgot: Favorite exercise: well, if tippin' a pint doesn't count... Martial Arts. Traditional, not sport: Kodokan Judo (shodan), Kenjutsu, some Kenpo, JeetKunDo. American Arwrology.

--Curt

Comment

• Hi, everyone!

Your location: Little Rock, Arkansas

How Primal are you: 80%, probably

Do you consume dairy: yes, in small amounts and only certain items (Greek yogurt, butter for cooking, and a little bit of cheese)

Do you drink coffee or tea: No! Caffeine gives me the twitches.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Health and mood issues. I've suffered from depression for years and have gained weight steadily along with it. I have PCOS, high blood pressure, digestive issues--all kinds of uncomfortable stuff!

Favorite exercise: SWIMMING

Favorite Primal food: steak. I will eat the heck out of a good steak!

Best part about being Primal: The energy and weight loss! Also, being allowed to eat butter...

Worst part about being Primal: People giving me weird looks and lectures about how I'm "killing myself" by not eating whole grains. Even doctors have done this to me! I know they mean well, but it'd be nice to not hear a bunch of discouragement for once.

Comment

• Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread

Hello everyone, I'm Libby!

Your location: St. Louis, Missouri

Age (If you want): 42

How Primal are you: Newbie, but I try to keep my carbs under 100g as it is

Do you consume dairy: yes, 4T half and half for coffee and/or tea, Greek yogurt, grass-fed butter, Parmesan and Feta cheeses for cooking/salads and mozzarella occasionally if I am traveling and have no other choices (being mildly lactose intolerant helps)

Do you drink coffee or tea: yup, 3-4 cups per day

Motivator for switching to Primal: Weight loss, longevity and prevention of disease. Reset hormone imbalances (two-time breast cancer survivor).

Favorite exercise: hiking

Favorite Primal food: grass-fed ribeye steak

Best part about being Primal: grass-fed ribeye steak

Worst part about being Primal: no apple fritters
                              Last edited by AddLibb; 05-12-2016, 10:20 AM.

Comment

• HI everyone:

Your location:
                                Virginia
                                Age (If you want):
                                How Primal are you:
                                none yet
                                Do you consume dairy:
                                yea
                                Do you drink coffee or tea:
                                none - energy drinks - diet
                                Motivator for switching to Primal: